Secretariat offspring

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

achinjrt
Yearling

Postby achinjrt » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 am

It is now 10 days since "Krem" came here and it is amazing to see the 2 1/2 sisters so bonded. They are getting along just like they are the best of friends. Thanks for finding her for me!

Shuvee
Yearling

Postby Shuvee » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Glad that you and the mare are happy!

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Glad she made it safely!!! :D
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

achinjrt
Yearling

Postby achinjrt » Mon May 14, 2012 1:08 am

Krem is still doing great - but I had to let Cutie - Cute Show - go to the rainbow bridge. She had taken a fall just before Krem came here and she injured her hipl. It was just a progression and I was watching her quality of life falling away, and I would not let her go thru that. So she has been gone about a week now and Krem has realized that Cutie is not coming to be by her and now she is settled and accepting. Now to get her looking like a million bucks!!!

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Oh I'm so sorry. But I'm so glad you were able to give her a great retirement home. Heaven knows she earned it! Best to Kremlin, I know she'll be happy there.
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 pm

achinjrt wrote:Krem is still doing great - but I had to let Cutie - Cute Show - go to the rainbow bridge. She had taken a fall just before Krem came here and she injured her hipl. It was just a progression and I was watching her quality of life falling away, and I would not let her go thru that. So she has been gone about a week now and Krem has realized that Cutie is not coming to be by her and now she is settled and accepting. Now to get her looking like a million bucks!!!

Sorry for you loss ...

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

achinjrt
Yearling

Postby achinjrt » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Update - Kremlin Secretary is doing great! She has gained about 200 pounds and is looking alot better. She is very secure in a 40 x 40 pipe corral and does not see a thing out of her left eye. She has a run in shed and spends most of the time in there - I think it is a security thing for her. Thanks for helping me find her - I was upset about her sister Cute Show - but she has filled that void!

justmares
Weanling

Postby justmares » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

I own Kremlin Secretary's grandaughter "Gold Scammer". She has four foals to date, two are racing, one is stakes placed. Her two year old is in training and the yearling will go to the starting farm this month. Alas, she slipped her '12 Henny Hughes in late January, but she's in foal to Freud. I PM'd you....would love to chat more...

achinjrt
Yearling

Postby achinjrt » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Justmares - sorry I have not gotten to you - busy busy. Krem is doing great - has gained alot of weight and is easy to care for. My next couple of weeks are full - dog shows - volunteering for driving events at KHP - and the Secretariat Festival. Will try to talk soon. Leslie

achinjrt
Yearling

Postby achinjrt » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Just wanted to tell you all that Krem is doing great. With winter ahead she has gained alot of weight and she seems very happy. She knows where the pipe panels are and does not seem to want any more area for herself.
I wanted to bump this thread to the top so folks will keep there eyes open for the few Secretariat offspring that are out there. Please contact me if they need a home - or just drop me a note that they are still alive and happy. Penny Chenery and Kate Tweedy do love to here about all that are left from Big Red and remember that next year is 40 years from that unbelievable Triple Crown run by him.
Leslie

tinners way
Allowance Winner

Postby tinners way » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I have two Tinners Way's fillies for sale and a 3 year old gelding. We have two left to get to the track, one is a yearling who is Tinners last foal.

The fillies both had minor training injuries and are now 100% sound. Solid pedigrees on them both. Please PM for additional information and photos.

achinjrt
Yearling

Postby achinjrt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:33 am

My dear Kremlin Secretary passed over the Rainbow Bridge today - my time with her was way too short - but I know that these months were great for her. She gained some weight and was safe and secure due to her blindness. She will be very missed.

Lisann
Allowance Winner

Postby Lisann » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. Bless you for loving and caring for her.

achinjrt
Yearling

Postby achinjrt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:58 am

Still looking for any leads to direct Secretariat offspring - retirement home available here.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:02 pm

What happened to Cosmetology,I sold her to Texas almost 10 years ago,I had rescued her from starvation in florida then...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...