1/2 sister to WISE DAN, SUCCESSFUL DAN--bred to UNCLE MO

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

1/2 sister to WISE DAN, SUCCESSFUL DAN--bred to UNCLE MO

Postby Barcaldine » Sat May 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Big, strong 8-y-o HONOUR AND GLORY mare out of LISA DANIELLE. 1/2 to G1 SW WISE DAN and G2 SW SUCCESSFUL DAN, both recent track record setters, at Churchill and Keeneland, and early favorites for Breeders Cup Classic. First foal is a winner. Bred to champion UNCLE MO.

Please pm for more information.

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:03 pm

WISE DAN took today's Fourstardave H.-G2 at Saratoga to increase his earnings to just shy of $1.4 million.

Mare is priced at $125,000.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:27 am

Is the mare if foal with a colt or a filly?
Edited by Moderator

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:09 am

Sex was not determined.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:13 pm

:lol:
Edited by Moderator

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:01 pm

WISE DAN won today's $1 million Woodbine Mile-G1 to bring his total earnings over $2 million. According to his trainer he may race once more this year before running in the Breeders Cup Classic or Mile.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 am

Read an article I think in the racingpost describing Wise Dan as the best horse in america and that it should stick to the dirt so others would see this.

Is Wise Dan being mismanaged by running on the grass?
Edited by Moderator

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:04 pm

He won a $1 million race and he is mismanaged?

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Dublino, from what I've been told WISE DAN has a big 'turf' foot, which may be why he likes grass and polytrack so much. He won a G1 on dirt, too, so he's one of those rare horses who seems indifferent to changes in track surfaces.

The Breeders Cup Classic is at Santa Anita this year so if his connections choose that option he will face horses which have pretty much raced on dirt all year long. I dont think it will phase him one iota.

My mare has a similar foot, but she never raced, for reasons unknown. She's a big, strong type like both her brothers and if I dont sell her can hardly wait to see what her UNCLE MO baby looks like.

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Dublino, from what I've been told WISE DAN has a big 'turf' foot, which may be why he likes grass and polytrack so much. He won a G1 on dirt, too, so he's one of those rare horses who seems indifferent to changes in track surfaces.

The Breeders Cup Classic is at Santa Anita this year so if his connections choose that option he will face horses which have pretty much raced on dirt all year long. I dont think it will phase him one iota.

My mare has a similar foot, but she never raced, for reasons unknown. She's a big, strong type like both her brothers and if I dont sell her can hardly wait to see what her UNCLE MO baby looks like.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 am

Cree wrote:He won a $1 million race and he is mismanaged?

Barcaldine wrote:The Breeders Cup Classic is at Santa Anita this year so if his connections choose that option he will face horses which have pretty much raced on dirt all year long. I dont think it will phase him one iota.

I wasnt saying he was mismanaged just that he should be maybe running on the dirt for all his races as there doesn't seem to be much competition for the breeders cup classic this year?
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:18 am

dublino wrote:
Cree wrote:He won a $1 million race and he is mismanaged?

Barcaldine wrote:The Breeders Cup Classic is at Santa Anita this year so if his connections choose that option he will face horses which have pretty much raced on dirt all year long. I dont think it will phase him one iota.

I wasnt saying he was mismanaged just that he should be maybe running on the dirt for all his races as there doesn't seem to be much competition for the breeders cup classic this year?

Hi Dub,
His trainer is leaning toward the BC Mile, but believe his owner would like to try the BC Classic....as you said it could be weak this year. The trainer feels his stride is more efficient running over the turf and because of that...he thinks he might have a hard time going 1 1/4 miles on dirt. He is a pretty amazing horse though...a Grade I winner over dirt and turf and GR II winner over synthetic...very versatile and one of a kind for sure. It will be interesting to see which way they go.....I would think, if they were to go to the Classic, they would find a dirt prep for him. So his next race should indicate where he will run come the BC races. TJ

Barcaldine
Starters Handicap

Postby Barcaldine » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:40 pm

WISE DAN won the $750,000 Shadwell Turf-G1 today with complete authority. Next start, either the Breeders Cup Mile or Classic.

His earnings approach $2.5 million

Mare's price is now $150,000.

pm for details

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Did you enter her in KEE NOV as a backup?

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:46 am

Barcaldine wrote:Mare's price is now $150,000.

Thats nuts if no-one wanted to buy her at a lower price asking more is a bit silly.

Barcaldine are you Thai?
Edited by Moderator