dash for cash own daughter

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Jessi P

Postby Jessi P » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:33 am

Just a friendly reminder - this is not a conversation or discussion forum. As long as comments are germane to the subject they can stay but otherwise they will be removed. IOW - no snark allowed.
Jessi P
330 383 1281
[email protected]

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:18 am

mare off the market,will be in embryo transfert program.Thank you
Discussion transferred to related subject
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:30 am

Sylvie,

I just reserved Saint Sylvie with the Jockey Club, so hoping for a filly come March. :D

http://www.stallionsnow.com/stallion-ad-59623

And check out this pedigree, by Chicks Beduino, dam by Dash For Cash, and 2nd dam by Easy Jet. Reasonable fee too.

Fireslam
Allowance Winner

Postby Fireslam » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Really?? You sent them a check for $75 for a name reserve? Sure you did...

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:22 pm

It takes them a couple of days to approve the name and then yes, i will send or transfer $75. to the Jockey. Club, people reserve names with the JC every day.
As soon as it goes through you'll be able to see the R for reserved behind Saint Sylvie.

To late to stop me, i put in the application. If I ever breed a mare to a Devil's Bag bred stud, maybe I could reserve a name for a few of you others.

Jeff

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Jeff wrote:It takes them a couple of days to approve the name and then yes, i will send or transfer $75. to the Jockey. Club, people reserve names with the JC every day.
As soon as it goes through you'll be able to see the R for reserved behind Saint Sylvie.

To late to stop me, i put in the application. If I ever breed a mare to a Devil's Bag bred stud, maybe I could reserve a name for a few of you others.

Jeff

For others that are interested Idiot Proof is standing in CA....

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14 pm

[quote="ct2346"

For others that are interested Idiot Proof is standing in CA....[/quote]

http://www.pedigreequery.com/wiggle+with+wando
http://www.pedigreequery.com/shake+and+bake

I think you'd have better luck with these bloodlines..:D

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 am

Jeff wrote:It takes them a couple of days to approve the name and then yes, i will send or transfer $75. to the Jockey. Club, people reserve names with the JC every day.

Jeff

Quite a waste of money since the Jockey Club does not register Quarter Horses.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 pm

This is for a 2013 TB filly in honor of Sylvie's lifetime of kindness an generosity as evidenced by her giving this lovely mare a home. Saint Sylvie. Gonna be a big stakes filly :D

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 pm

in catalog at the BFA sale in 2012:

{Notes: Stallion Prospect Deluxe!!! Big pretty own son of “Dash Ta Fame” si 113 and out of “Flit
N Fire” 16 hand, money earning own daughter of the great “Fire Water Flit”. Flit N
Fire’s dam is an all time leading producer dam by Tiny Charger AAAT. 2nd dam is the
great Rocket Elaine si 96 by Rocket Bar (TB). Flit N Fire is 7/8th’s sister to sensational
new sire “Chasin Fire Water”. Here’s your chance to own a big, good looking stallion
prospect out of a Blue Hen family. Don’t miss him. a catalog page at the BFA sale 2012:number 51}

To Madelyn and Griff: Note the "OWN SON OF " this is what I meant...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

griff
Leading Sire

Postby griff » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:38 am

I once bred a Rocket Bars/Hancock mare to Rally Racer [QH] and then to Big Excitement [TB] so I have a little knowledge in this area. & my response to the note you addressed to me is;

I still can't figure out what the word "own" adds.

Is there a son of dash For cash that is not his own son?? Dose AI enter into this??

griff
"We has met the enemy and he is us" [Pogo]

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am

And this is a catalog page...It seems lots of people advertise horses like that as per exemple"filly by Dash ta Fame " when in fact he is grandsire..And worst they will say !/2 sibling when by the same sire but different mare....This is just so common that you feel obligated to add "own" when you advertise so "average Joe" will figure the real connection.
I know it is not right but when I put an ad written properly per exemple "So and so by the great one" 99% of the calls will be : who is his sire???
And a funny one: An agent in florida(well known too) came to my training barn once in 2002 or so, snotty and condescendant,to say the least,so he ask me who is this colt by and I answer Unbridled. His next question :"I ask you for the sire,the real daddy not the bloodline"...so I repeat "Unbridled" and he says "YOU don't have an OWN son of Unbridled??I ask you the sire not the bloodlines"...I told him flatly :" Honey this horse is a stud colt by Unbridled,and except if they mixed the DNA or Paul Mellon switched the horses I trust that Unbridled is his biological daddy..not an adoptive parent." He walked away...

Shannon
Starters Handicap

Postby Shannon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 pm

It's just a done thing in QH circles. Similarly the fact a foal by the same sire are not considered "half" siblings when genetically they are. It's an accepted situation to horse breeders but non horse people don't get it. Every breed has their "things".
A woman needs 2 animals in her life-the horse of her dreams, and a jackass to pay for it!

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Re: dash for cash own daughter

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:56 pm

And to tell everyone what happened to that mare: We have 2 absolutely gorgeous 2014 fillies out of her(embryo transfert) the sire is Confederate Leader whose dam produced a world champion race horse when bred to Dash for Cash and other good racehorses by same sire. They are beautiful, correct, huge , simply fabulous. Their names are Free Cash Flow and Pawn for Cash.
We could not get embryos last year but this year we should get one by Ocean Runaway and may be some others if we can.

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Re: dash for cash own daughter

Postby Jeff » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Congratulations Sylvie! Very happy for you that you have babies from that wonderful mare. God has blessed you. :D