Keen on Kash quarter horse mare

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Swissle Stick also has an uncommon number of starts and durability for a speedball. A horse that work 1/8 in 10.2 and 1/4 in 21 flat is awfully fast to stay sound for 6 years with 73 starts...Wayne has a good eye for conformation and he spent quite a bit on a horse with no real top pedigree at the time. He must have liked that horse a lot,and he is not a "fast work buyer" if that is the only thing he sees.

Swissle Stick brought a final bid of $600,000 from Bob and Beverly Lewis at the annual Barretts Sale in California, drawing rave reviews when he zipped a furlong in 10.2 then came back a week later to post the fastest quarter mile breeze in 21 flat!

"21 flat, what can you say?" Lewis' trainer D. Wayne Lucas said following the purchase.

A multiple stakes-placed winner of seven races and $132,656, Swissle Stick finished third in the Charles Town Dash Invitational Handicap and Anderson Fowler Stakes. He was also a finalist in the Gold Rush Derby(G3), Texas Glitter Handicap and Tyro Stakes. He consistently broke on top and set blazing early fractions, while running the ¼ in :21.28 and half in :43.05.

Fast,gorgeous,sound and family what else is needed for cross to a quarter mare?
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:50 pm

http://www.registry.jockeyclub.com/regi ... t.URLtoken#

10/31/12 Name Reserve Saint Sylvie Approved - Reserved Until: 11/07/2013

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 pm

You are probably as crazy as I am...I am blushing at my age...And still want to say this is not being a saint only giving back just a little of all the pleasure I got from the horses.Plus who knows?May be she will give the world a champion.Horse racing is made of hope...
The sport and industry survive not only because of the champions that are remembered forever but also because of the losers that are so easy to forget...

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm happy that you are pleased Sylvie, it's a fitting and proper name in my book. Let's just hope it's a filly.

Jeff

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:56 am

Anybody very quarter horse pedigree wise: Confederate Leader for Keen on Kash.The dam of the stallion was bred to the sire of the mare a few times and produced a world champion racehorse and a few stakes horses that way,plus I really like Special Leader(a horseman stallion,throwing solid runners for a decent price)and sensible manageable horses,What do you think?
All 4 generations of the resulting foals are stakes horse/producers and most durables horses.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Re: Keen on Kash quarter horse mare

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Confederate Leader X Keen on Kash results One mare placed second in BFA barrel race in 2017 and 16.1 in juvenile and her full sister (got 2 embryos) won the Quebec Breeders Cup in 2018($16,000.)
Coming next are 2 colts one by FSTV and one by MP Jet to the Sun they both will be 3 yo in 2019 . Keen on Kash deceased.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:23 pm

And the next and last ones both winning at high levels in the barrel horse world, one retiring to stud with a lot of victories......Keen on Kash really was a "broodmare"...Her daughter will carry on her legacy with two embryos by Dash ta Fame in 2021 and she is carrying a Ocean Runaway baby destined to race....I am glad I bred her ,Dash for Cash blood lives on.And we bought a sterling well bred QH mare to send to Into Mischief (TB) this year.... Her name is Verrsace for the ones interested...My daughter is the one doing it all, me I am just enjoying the ride ducking and dodging "Le fossoyeur"...So far I think my horses are faster than his....

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:08 am

Good to hear from you Sylvie. Glad you are doing well and having fun with your Quarter Horses!
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Yes - glad to hear you're still at it Sylvie...
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Sylvie Hebert
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby Sylvie Hebert » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 am

And now thank you Keen on Kash Your last babies are top winning barrel horses with one standing at stud...Thank you Keen for the fun, and the pride...