Attn: Sunday Silence

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

Will Eblouisantte be as great as Zenyatta?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:40 am

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 10

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Attn: Sunday Silence

Postby erhrdt3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 am

Hi Sunday,

You are an expert on this so I am calling on your expertise.

I see Zenyatta's little sister Eblouissante, is listed on PedInq. as BLK. and we know how hard it is to get a horse labeled black. Even Devil His Due, who is a pure dark, dark black from head to toe, PedInq. labeled him as Dkb/B and someone had to write on his information section that he is a true black.

Ebby has alot of photos up now that she won her first race, and I've looked at all of them, different shots in different lighting, and she looks and has more the color of her sire, Bernardini, who was a dark brown, but not black. She almost looks like a very dark seal in some photos. Ruffian was darker seal and they labeled her a dk b/b.

I'm excited about seeing how she will do, so far by that first race she came from behing like Zenyatta did, but I don't think we will ever have 2 Zenyatta's. I think the guy who sold their mother was crazy, no matter how much money he got!

What is your opinion on this? I'd post some photos but they would take up the whole page. Check out her facebook page and there is a close up of her nose in her stall and you can see the seal.

In any case, she is gorgeous, love the dark dark ones, but then again, I love them all. :D
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 am

She's listed on Equibase as Dk. Bay.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:50 pm

OK, somebody must have seen this, because I swear on my life she was listed earlier this morning as Blk.

So, I guess somebody is reading through these posts...... :wink:
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

Sunday Silence

Postby Sunday Silence » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Zenyatta was much darker when she was 3 and 4. Eblouissante is definitely not black.