RESCUE IS IN DANGER

Discuss horse welfare and rescue and horses in need of assistance.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, Diane

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:47 pm

erhrdt3 wrote:So why don't all you naysayers and breed breed breeders ...

I don't know anything about Buck Creek Valley Rescue, but I wonder why at least two of their adoptable horses are listed as stallions? (One of whom is the sire of the other.) Doesn't it seem possible that they might go on to breed even more unwanted horses who end up starving and/or in rescues?

gufman4
Weanling

Postby gufman4 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm

All horses at Buck Creek Valley Rescue are geldings no stallions..

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 pm

The two miniature horses are listed as stallions in the list of horses available for adoption.

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 am

Georgerz is correct. And the wild one who can't even be handled, "Patriot", is not listed as either a stallion or a gelding.

gufman4
Weanling

Postby gufman4 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 am

Well guys seems as if things are getting out of hand. Lets set the record straight, the rescue houses all geldings with one exception of a possible ridgling mini that was to be cut last week but the vet wanted to wait. The other 2 that are listed as stallions have now been gelded, theses horses have been our care for only a short period. Patriot the mustang is a gelding. The owners are in their late 50's and Mr Mills has a disease that prevents him from working and these wondeful people have poured all of their heart and soul and money into helping horses that are not wanted,have been abused.As far as a nice website, yes its nice but if anyone else out there has one you know that it is a minimal investment especially when a board member has the knowledge to have created it. The resurrection wad on the local news last night WHAS 11 if anyone doubts our validity.

Please access our site to make a donation.

http://WWW.buckcreekvalleyrescue.org

Sysonby
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Sysonby » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 am

Gufman. it's not your fault that one of our members got a little too enthusiastic and went off the rails. But the question that prfsue asked is absolutely legitimate if you come on here looking for money especially when your website doesn't reflect the additional information that you are giving us. There are so many con artists posing as rescues online that perhaps "setting the record straight" should be a really high priority from the get go.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am

If you believe that this all happened, I don't know what more than pictures can prove, than please, please help these horses.

And if there is a trainer still racing what is left, do you not think he needs to be punished?

Simple questions only need simple answers. People are killing and ruining innocent creatures. If you have an attitude toward that, than perhaps you are one of the ones that find nothing wrong with that. And that is pure sick.

I really don't wish to hear any more crappy excuses why they should be in that condition. Why? Because there IS no excuses.
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

erhrdt3 wrote:If you believe that this all happened, I don't know what more than pictures can prove, than please, please help these horses.

And if there is a trainer still racing what is left, do you not think he needs to be punished?

Simple questions only need simple answers. People are killing and ruining innocent creatures. If you have an attitude toward that, than perhaps you are one of the ones that find nothing wrong with that. And that is pure sick.

I really don't wish to hear any more crappy excuses why they should be in that condition. Why? Because there IS no excuses.

The horses at Buck Creek are not in "that condition".
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:19 pm

madelyn wrote:
erhrdt3 wrote:If you believe that this all happened, I don't know what more than pictures can prove, than please, please help these horses.

The horses at Buck Creek are not in "that condition".

It's hopeless, Madelyn. She is running amok. She's been talked with, reasoned with, edited by the moderator, mocked, blasted, chewed out, and yet it continues. One outrageous statement after another.

docjocoy
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby docjocoy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Sysonby wrote:Gufman. it's not your fault that one of our members got a little too enthusiastic and went off the rails. But the question that prfsue asked is absolutely legitimate if you come on here looking for money especially when your website doesn't reflect the additional information that you are giving us. There are so many con artists posing as rescues online that perhaps "setting the record straight" should be a really high priority from the get go.

It's hard to get past all the fuss caused by our "enthusiastic" member who has "gone off the rails." If the OP could get in a word about his mission without it being skewered and ranted to death it would certainly help his cause.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Discussion yes, repeated ranting no. I'm not sure what's going on here. I've moved some posts. Please be patient and try not to take the bait?
Thanks

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm glad to know that the stallions have been gelded. Thank you for updating that information, gufman4.

Just as a suggestion, I would really encourage the rescue to not post stallions on the adoptable list until after they've been gelded...if only to keep misunderstandings like this from interfering with potential support from would-be donors. Only my two cents.

erhrdt3
Starters Handicap

Postby erhrdt3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:39 am

To whomever misstated that I said Madelyn did not feed her horses, how wrong can you be?! I NEVER said that, would never say that about her, I can tell she loves her horses and has a beautiful boy, Rocky, that I would love to see!

Madelyn, if you thought I was saying anything about you, that was wrong and I am sorry if you thought that. I know you care for your horses very much.
Give Rocky a scratch an a carrot!
We will NEVER see another Ruffian......

gufman4
Weanling

Postby gufman4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:20 am

Thank you all that are in support on BCVR. There is not another rescue in our area that has as many horses in their care as we do. This is mostly funded by the owners of the property and the wonderful volunteers that we have. The owners have provided for these horses when they did not provide for themselves. Thank you all and God bless.

gufman4
Weanling

Real

Postby gufman4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:22 pm

This is a real deal..it was on whas11 Saturday night..still on whas11 website today..This is no fault of Buck Creek Valley Rescue...this is the place that takes abused neglected horses..BCVR is a safe haven for horses..as for geldings or any vet care comes out of the pockets of.people who run this place..Now they are in desperate need of help.This is no joke..It is a nonprofit rescue..Go to website..there was a article on Louisville.com ..