Broodmares free to right home

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

GoForRags
Weanling

Broodmares free to right home

Postby GoForRags » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:09 am

I have three mares here that need to be placed. I'd like them to go to breeding homes.
One of them suffers from Uveitis and will probably require removal of one eye at some point. I've treated her with stem cell protein, which has helped but I'm not 100% on whether her vision will be saved long term. She is completely blind in one eye and has vision in the eye that I've been treating.
There is a chance she will go blind completely down the road. This may take a year or years. She needs to be placed with at least one of the other 2 mares I'm offering as they both act as her "seeing eye buddies".

The blind mare's name is Humility and Awe, she's by Fast Play and has a really nice, classic pedigree. Very stoic mare and super easy to handle. Kind, not mean. Has had foals. I foresee no problems with her continuing to be a broodmare.
She is currently in foal and the previous owners would like to have that foal back upon weaning. Due end of April, which I'm thinking it'll be another couple of weeks.
Pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/humility+and+awe

The other two mares are both grey. Neither are riding sound as far as I can tell.

Silver Skip- Skip Away out of an Air Forbes Won mare. Easy to deal with. She likes being out, does NOT like being stalled. A bit of a harder keeper if she's brought in to be fed. I've had an easier time keeping her in great weight by just feeding outside.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/silver+skip

Cozzena Cozzena- Cozzene out of a Two Punch mare.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/cozzena+cozzena

She needs to be closed - she sucks air. Whoever had her the last 3-4 years did not have this mare sown up. She will not remain pregnant if she is left open.

Both check breeding sound with clean cultures.

I can put either one of these mares in foal to my stallion- the Skip Away would linebreed Medieval Man, The Cozzene would get a seriously nice turf runner. The Cozzene is a 100% producer from runners but they tried linebreeding Deputy Minister which did not produce a big horse.

Ideally, all three mares would go to the same home, they've been together a long time.
As I said, I could put them in foal to my stud, Hey Poquita (Meadowlake x Klassy Briefcase). Serious Turf pedigree and loves the polytrack. Big, correct horse with a great disposition. Will fix conformational flaws.

I'd be willing to be partners on those foals and train them at split expenses with split purses.

If interested, please contact me privately.

Thanks!

GoForRags
Weanling

Postby GoForRags » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:15 am

Sorry, should have mentioned they are located in Lexington, KY

KBEquine
Grade III Winner

Postby KBEquine » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Just mentioning the Silver Skip mare's dam is a 1/2 sister to a HOY (Favorite Trick) in case that helps . . .

If I wasn't downsizing on the racehorse side, I wouldn't have mentioned . . . but I would have PM'd GoForRags.

GoForRags
Weanling

Postby GoForRags » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Wanted to update:

Humility and Awe is going to be picked up by one of her previous owners this weekend.

Silver Skip and Cozzena Cozzena are still available.

Hanesph
Suckling

Postby Hanesph » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:16 am

Are the two gray mares still available? Please let me know. Thanks!