PedigreeQuery Is Not Keeping Up to Date

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:28 am

Thank you very much. I will add the information.

Touchy
Weanling

PEDIGREE QUERY AGAIN.

Postby Touchy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Yet again when trying to sort out errors on this site, have I been blocked from correcting information.
1) Why is this so ( I think Prof Sumner Miller once said that)?

2) I pay my $100 a year to get real and proper information, not to be stopped from correcting information which is not correct.

3) I even put, not only my initials, but also the studbook reference number
for the horse concerned.

4) Here we have a horse, that has won a Listed Race. Yet her dam has been given the credit for the Listed Race instead of her filly foal.

5) As I have suggested previously, there should be a certain number of people that are allowed to have direct contact to this servers site. These people should be the only ones to update the site for their country. They would have to be people of integrity and have access to the (in my case)
the Australian Studbook site or have the current Australian Studbooks to verify the correct breeding.

This is not the first time that this has happened, where the information for certain horses have been LOCKED, and you cannot correct the GLARING ERRORS ON THIS SITE.

I personally have entered in excess of three thousand Australian and New Zealand horses, if this continues to happen that I am locked out, I will cease to add horses thus stop hitting my head against a brick wall.

Cheers

Touchy
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man." W.Churchill.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 am

Touchy, there is a small research team for the db but we are too few in number to even begin to insure the accuracy of all entries in a huge database that is for the most part open access. If you'll post here or pm me with a list of names that need unlocking I'll make sure it gets done.

It's unlikely that all fields for many or even any of these entries were deliberately made unavailable for editing. Entering three or more foals under any name automatically locks up sire, dam, gender, year foaled, and G1 status but all other fields should remain open to edit unless sysops or the research team 'command' a full lock. At least that's the way it's supposed to work. Over the past couple of years, however, there's been a definite problem with random 'uncommanded' locking.

I'm sorry you've been inconvenienced. The participation of knowledgeable people such as yourself was the primary reason for making the db mainly open-edit to begin with.

PZ

steward
Allowance Winner

Postby steward » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:40 am

Can someone clean up progeny for the mare Nora Creina, please? There are some duplicates. Thanks in advance.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:17 am

steward wrote:Can someone clean up progeny for the mare Nora Creina, please? There are some duplicates. Thanks in advance.

(I presume you mean duplicates in the produce of Nora Creina 1859 by Mahomet.)

Her 1874 foal was first entered in his dam's produce record ASB 3:265 as "b c War Hawk by War Dance", then as "ch c Troublesome (Friday) (War Hawk) by War Dance (gelded)" ASB 4:395 and 5:575. A male horse represented as an 1874 son of War Dance out of Nora Creina apparently raced under all three names. This could be consolidated as a single entry under one name but the aliases are too common to be excluded from use so the other two would inevitably be re-entered in the db.

The ASB entries for Nora's 1875 colt by Gilroy consistently give his name as "D. F. Kenner" but in racing records it's also shown as "Duncan F. Kenner". As you probably realize, he was named for a pillar of the 19th cent. American turf. It may be appropriate and practical to consolidate those entries but first I'll have to check for progeny attributed to that horse and whether any other horses were so named.

GDJames
Suckling

Postby GDJames » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:39 am

Info for New Approach isn't updated for winning the Derby.

Certain
Weanling

Riva Ridge

Postby Certain » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:08 am

I was trying to update his Black type status as a Grade 1 Winner. The site said it could not be updated because he had 3 offspring listed. As a Kentucky Derby Winner !!! A Classic Grade 1 WIN he deserves to be BOLD BLACK TYPE!!! A TRUE CHAMPION in the sport of horse racing.
Certain by Out of Place out of Kristie's World Champion - Multiple Graded Stakes Winner !
1999 Arkansas Derby Winner
Future sucess is CERTAIN

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Re: PedigreeQuery Is Not Keeping Up to Date

Postby Miesque1973 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:55 pm

What has happened to all the stakes histories? There used to be several entries for Derby & Oaks races, but unless I'm mistaken, when I did a 'race name' search under 'Oaks', only a few Oaks races came up. Have those histories been deleted? I have to admit, I'll be pretty miserable if they're all gone, as the stakes database is often very helpful.

Miesque
Friends don't let friends vote for Democrats.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Mon May 11, 2015 7:45 am

I spot checked several Derbies and Oaks. Looks like the histories are still here but the 'Race Name'/'contains' search isn't finding anything close to a complete list. No idea why this is happening. You might want to post about this in the Technical Library section.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:42 am

Tepin is not up to date and she is locked.

GDJames
Suckling

Postby GDJames » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi, earlier today Sadler's Wells disappeared, but then he came back.

He's lost his chef-de-race status, if people like to take notice of that.

Off the top of my head, he is CS.

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:50 am

I'm wondering why there are unregistered horses in the database. Zenyatta's War Front filly and colt will never be registered.
Or even this one.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/poetry+in+motion11

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Tappiano wrote:I'm wondering why there are unregistered horses in the database. Zenyatta's War Front filly and colt will never be registered.
Or even this one.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/poetry+in+motion11

PIM11 has been removed.

Due to public demand, Zenyatta's '14 War Front filly is an official exception to the usual practice of remarking unregistered foals on the dam's entry, if at all.

Retrospectiv
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Retrospectiv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 am

In light of the recent tragedy at San Louis Rey, someone may want to update AMALFI DRIVE.
His recent death was updated, but not the fact that he wasn't a FILLY .... :cry:
~There is always one more imbecile than you counted on~

JasonR
Newborn

Postby JasonR » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:20 pm

GDJames wrote:Hi, earlier today Sadler's Wells disappeared, but then he came back.

He's lost his chef-de-race status, if people like to take notice of that.

Off the top of my head, he is CS.

He’s HOT! Great BM sire. If there’s a stupid trainer filter built into Pedigree, turn it up a notch. Todays trainers aren’t near the horsemen of old. 90% of the horses I pick to develop late, I watch them get ruined by your mailman...
45 yrs in the biz