Free mares

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Free mares

Postby IcouldbeU » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Several free TB mares near Philly, 2 are in foal, owner is injured and needs to move the mares quickly. Please PM for pedigree/name/record per owners request.

Mares have relocated. Most are still free or free leases, please email for a complete list and more details. As they come in season, they will be bred, so time is truly of the essence.

The stud fees have NOT been paid for the infoal mares. I will have more information (descriptions and photos) this weekend.

Please PM for more info
Last edited by IcouldbeU on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 pm

You have a PM, please reply at your earliest convenience.

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:28 pm

PM's sent :-)

Actually 3 mares are infoal. I believe that they are due in June but they may have been bred in June and are infoal to PA based stallions.

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Quick update, and I changed the opening paragraph as well. Due to the owners declining health the mares have been relocated but still in the North East. Please PM for details.

None of the stud fees have been paid. All JC Papers due transfer with the mares. Free leases are available.

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm

I am getting alot of PM's about these mares which I appreciate but I decided it was easier to post the answers to many of the questions here than to keep repeating them.

**I have no idea why the mares are due in July. I didn't even realize that stud farms still bred in August

** No stud fees have been paid, so either the foals cannot be registered or the person who has the foal will need to make arrangements with the farm (Blue Mountain in PA, I think)

**There is no such thing as a FREE horse. These mares are not fat, show condition mares. They are in need of a hoof trimming, vaccines and coggins, and some good pasture.

**The current caregiver is a private farm who up until a week ago thought that 2 mares were arriving and suddenly had 8 new arrivals.

The horses were originally put on Chronicle of the Horse http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showt ... -need-home on February 17th and the vet who had them had his first procedure this past Monday so luckily these mares found a safe landing spot.

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 am

Quick update on the mares

All the mares are now for sale and open to offers:

J PS Afleet it has been determined has an eye issue but is not blind. She requires a fly mask outside. She has been bred to Adams Circle

Miss Whirlybird has been bred to Adams Circle. She is 100% sound

Love Given has on and off lameness but is good outside 24/7. She also was bred to Adams Circle

Storm Flanker had a filly by Gimmeawink on 6/28. Nice big filly and mare is a good momma. Stud fee not paid

Della Fox Lady had a filly last night by Gimmeawink. This mare needs a sporthorse home. The filly is a flashy chestnut with a dish face. Stud fee not paid

Adept and Negril have yet to foal but I think the current farm is going to keep both.

Please pass the names of these mares along since they are looking for new homes at decent prices.

Della's ad: http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-749311

IcouldbeU
Maiden Special Weight

Postby IcouldbeU » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:09 am

Another update:

J Ps Afleet is no longer available.

Negril foaled a colt by Turn West the first week of July(sorry I don't remember the exact date), plain bay no markings.

The 3 foals will be weaned in late October and are open to offers. Stallion owner still not negotiating so the report of foaling was not yet reported to the Jockey Club. But if you can work something out with the stallion owner, the current farm will do all the JC paperwork so the foals can be registered.

If you would like pictures of the foals please email [email protected]. They are located in NY, not eligible for NY or PA bred registration.

Storm Flanker and Della Fox Lady with their respective filly foals are available now, make an offer. JC papers are available on the mares and their new coggins should be in this week.