The Kingmaker

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shergar
Starters Handicap

The Kingmaker

Postby Shergar » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Finally got around to buying and reading Mahubah's book, The Kingmaker. Really brought to life the story of ND and his connections. The appendix's listing ND's stakes winners was especially interesting to me as Mahubah gave the conduit mare to each SW. Thrilled to see that as I am a big fan of the Modern Conduit Mare theory.

Just order Goldrush and can't wait to get my hands on it.

After that will have to try and find a gently used copy of Classic American Pedigrees at the right price.

Shergar

TJ
Darley line

Re: The Kingmaker

Postby TJ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Shergar wrote:Finally got around to buying and reading Mahubah's book, The Kingmaker. Really brought to life the story of ND and his connections. The appendix's listing ND's stakes winners was especially interesting to me as Mahubah gave the conduit mare to each SW. Thrilled to see that as I am a big fan of the Modern Conduit Mare theory.

Just order Goldrush and can't wait to get my hands on it.

After that will have to try and find a gently used copy of Classic American Pedigrees at the right price.

Shergar

Hi Shergar,
Twenty-two used editions of Mahubah's book currently on Amazon.com, search America Classic Pedigrees. TJ

pembroke
Allowance Winner

Postby pembroke » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 pm

If you want a real eye opener read about Neartic and Nearco.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Always glad to know someone is enjoying my work!
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:09 pm

I have both! Personally signed by the author.. now am scouting for a copy of Gold Rush..
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Prairie
Maiden Special Weight

Postby Prairie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Two great books!!

Enjoy!