How can someone find the name to your horses

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Pitbull599
Suckling

How can someone find the name to your horses

Postby Pitbull599 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Hey guys I need help from y'all!!! I'm a bit worried that someone we know went onto the query and changed the owners name!!!!!! We found out that our past trainer was a fraud. So we decided to go and pick up our horse from him. Now we just found out that he changed our names of some of our mares to his. We do have full ownership of the mares we have paper ect... What I'm more worried about is how he got the names to some of our mares that we never mentioned to him.
Their are no winers in a war everyone looses

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Postby CherryDavis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about it other than he sounds like a weirdo. This database is user updated so there is no legality to it. My guess is that he took the name of one mare that he knew you owned, saw how it was listed in the database and then ran a simple google search to find all the ones that were listed like that. If you have the papers and the mare, there's not really much he can do.

Pitbull599
Suckling

Postby Pitbull599 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Thanks for your reply..... So if we have the signed papers we don't have to worry about correct?
Their are no winers in a war everyone looses

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Postby CherryDavis » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm

I would not think so. People are always going in and randomly changing things on here. Owners, progeny, race records, it goes on and on. If you have the signed papers and / or any sale contract you are fine. The only way it could become an issue is if someone else had physical custody of the horse and ordered a replacement set of papers.

LB
Eclipse Champion

Postby LB » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 am

If you are truly concerned, log into the Jockey Club website and make sure that he didn't also do a Transfer of Ownership there--which would be much more official than anything that happens on this site.

As for the ownership listed here, anyone can change anything. Why don't you go and change it back?