Faux Finish foal has arrived!

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Well my 2 cents....she's a LOVELY BUCKSKIN...

I see her mask, her shoulder shading, her darker ears, under her mane is dark as well...her legs are going to be black...I can't really see her dorsal stripe...BUT I BET IT'S THERE....their butt shots...are the SAME.. :lol: NOW wouldn't it be something for her to have some ZEBRA stripping on her legs???

HH :)

accphotography
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby accphotography » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 pm

But FF didn't look like that as a wee one. Your girl did. :lol:

HeadlessHorseman
Restricted Stakes Winner

Postby HeadlessHorseman » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm

If you look at the butt shot...they look the same color...

I don't have any pics of my baby girl....but Donna does on her site...and I guess she's darker than FF was at birth...

I think she's gonna be a Beautiful DARK buckskin with SUPER black points and some GREAT DUN FACTORS...

I guess I have NO idea...

HH :shock:

sstacy19
Allowance Winner

Postby sstacy19 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Donna,
I love her! She is so darn pretty!
"The blood runs hot in the Thoroughbred and the courage runs deep.
In the best of them, pride is limitless. This is their heritage and
they carry it like a banner. What they have, they use."

---C. W. Anderson

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:26 pm

The day before yesterday I read in Facebook a note regarding the passing of Faux Finish. I am very sad, it is a great loss for all the people close to her, and for the horse industry as a whole. That mare was irreplaceable. :(

Jorge

Postby Jorge » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:05 am

Her Pedigreequery pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/faux+finish

Her Allbreed pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/faux+finish

From her Allbreed file:

"Faux Finish is a Premium Old NA approved mare, earned F1 approval with CSHA, registered as a Paint with the APHA. 2007 as the Reserve National Champion USEF of all 3 year olds in Hunter Breeding divisions. She was class winner in her debut over fences and under saddle as well. Offspring: 2010 Filly - Rosalies Gold by Redwine - Premium Oldenburg NA - Buckskin. A winner on the line in Hunter Breeding. Best Young Horse and Best PA Bred horse titles As a yearling Second at Devon - Hunter Breeding, third Sallie B. Wheeler National Hunter Breeding Championships, and second at Dressage at Devon 2012 - Foaled a filly by Grande Leviticus /Grande Saber/ Grundstein Unraced TB."

Her progeny:
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.p ... d=&x=0&y=0

Photo:
https://www.google.com.pr/search?q=Faux ... B588%3B480

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:22 pm

I just saw that she died today, I was so shocked. What a shame. And is True Colours out of business?
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 pm

I think that True Colours never stopped..
http://www.truecoloursfarm.com/horsepage.php?id=1

I'm not sure they actually owned Faux Finish when she died..
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:02 pm

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Thank you everyone for the condolences on Faux Finish. She really was a very special mare and well loved by her current owner - Joan Watt in MD - who tried everything to get her better once again. We all miss her very very much ...

I am also very much "Still in business" :)

Still standing Guaranteed Gold. Still have the TCF Titanium (smoky cream) colt. Still have a few sale horses. I am definately downsizing though and deciding where I want to go with my involvement in horses in future years. GG will still stay with me. I think I have a buyer for Titanium and will know shortly. Am in the process of buying a very special 2014 in utero foal. Will be working with and managing a clients broodmare band, her stallion and handling the sales and marketing for her, and once my knee(s) get replaced, will start showing her babies on the line. Our farm will be put up for sale and I will operate out of the beautiful Mapleway facility instead (www.mapleway.ca) and we will be moving to that location so everything is very good - my involvement will just be different than what it is today :)

Thank you once again :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 pm

When I went to your page the other night it was mostly gutted (no pic. etc) but tonight it seemed to be all back. Sad you won't be producing these beautiful flashy horses like before but glad you will still be in the business in other ways. What about your mares?
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

TrueColours
Grade I Winner

Postby TrueColours » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 am

There is no rhyme or reason at times why the website is up and then down. Unless it got hit by a virus, etc and then the service that scans it every hour for just that occurrence takes over, removes all the malicious content and then restores it to the clean content from the hour before. Great service and thats what might have happened in your case

My Pearlescent mare is being leased for 2014 and then she will be sold. Puchi Trap has been given away to a trusted friend who I know will look after her the way she should be looked after. I have a WB/TB cross mare that I am hoping will be sold and gone to her new home this week. Crossing my fingers that the Titanium colt is also sold. Spilled Milk has been sold.

I am hoping I will go forward with just GG, a 2014 WB in utero I am purchasing, and thats it. GG is so easy to deal with plus he creates such a good revenue stream each year and the 2014 in utero will just get played with, shown on the line a bit and we'll wait for it to grow up and see what we have

Its a perfect position for me to be in, plus I will have lots of mares and babies to deal with daily for the client I will be working with in her breeding program :) And a lot of really exciting opportunities working with her and her horses . So - all very very good for me ... :)
www.TrueColoursFarm.com

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds & Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion - CSHA and AQHA, APHA, ApHC listed