Stakes Races DB - editing year

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Stakes Races DB - editing year

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Noticed many problems lately since my more regular return, but this 1 is really annoying.

Apparently the little pop-up box that should appear when you right-click over a year in the stake DB (listings of a particular race) will now only appear basically a PAGE DOWN (usually unseen), and even if you scroll down to see it, moving the cursor nearby makes it disappear. So year cannot be updated.

Too bad for the horses who might be listed but cannot be now.

Notice this yet?

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Just checked and had no trouble seeing & using the pop-up box when I right-clicked on the year. Maybe this was a temporary issue-? Please post again if you're still having this problem.

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:13 pm

I noticed it several weeks ago too, but didn't realize the box DOES show, just far down the "page" so you can't see it on screen at the same time.

the Ol'Line Rebel
Maiden Special Weight

Postby the Ol'Line Rebel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:34 pm

OK, I tried an experiment.

I tried it on IE as well as my usual Firefox. No real difference, so I guess it's not a browser compatibility issue.

But, in doing so I discovered when it happens - ONLY WITH "LARGE" LISTINGS OF STAKES, which have LONG HISTORIES.

If I get a listing for a stake which fits on the page, or is very short, I can do the editing box right where I right-click.

If the listings are very long, going off the page, every singles edit box will be off-page or far down from where it should appear.

This did not happen until rather recently, along with some other issues I can't remember now.

Oops - also, modify that observation.

It appears everything is OK if you have your view hitting the very top of the web page (banner of TB DB appears), unless of course it's a long listing in which case you cannot see those further down. Once you move so the top page banner no longer is "topped out", that edit box moves away from your right-click over the year.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:58 am

I managed to duplicate the problem in Firefox and Safari. In fact, with long listings the menu box in Safari was off-screen even when the banner was on-screen. (In fairness, this could be due to the fact that I haven't run recent updates for either browser.)

Still haven't managed to duplicate it in IE9. The menu box stays on-screen even with long listings when banner's off-screen. But the option for compatibility view is showing on the address bar, so there must be some incompatibility between browser and site. Have you tried this in IE using compatility view? Or tried switching CV off if currently in use to load pq pages?

Lizard
Site Admin

Postby Lizard » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Pan Zareta wrote:I managed to duplicate the problem in Firefox and Safari. In fact, with long listings the menu box in Safari was off-screen even when the banner was on-screen. (In fairness, this could be due to the fact that I haven't run recent updates for either browser.)

Still haven't managed to duplicate it in IE9. The menu box stays on-screen even with long listings when banner's off-screen. But the option for compatibility view is showing on the address bar, so there must be some incompatibility between browser and site. Have you tried this in IE using compatility view? Or tried switching CV off if currently in use to load pq pages?

I can replicate this bug as well. I'll work on it today and report back when it's fixed.

Lizard
Site Admin

Postby Lizard » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:22 pm

This issue should now be fixed. I've tested on the latest versions of Chrome, Safari, and FireFox for Mac. If you guys wouldn't mind testing some other browsers and let me know if you're still noticing any issues that would be great.