Breed-to-race Partnership(s)

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

RandomThoughts
2yo Maiden

Breed-to-race Partnership(s)

Postby RandomThoughts » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Breeder/Owner/Trainer has two young allowance winning mares available to breed by Dehere and Pine Bluff. Solid nicks available with selected sires.
Over the last ten years my record with homebreds is ten foals, ten starters, and nine maiden special weight winners or better, one of which was a G1 runnerup assigned 111 pounds on the Exp Free Handicap. The non-winner had EPM, but was runnerup in a Md $25K.
All claims supported by Equibase. References available. Mid-Atlantic based
The talented ones will give you an early hint.

RandomThoughts
2yo Maiden

Postby RandomThoughts » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 am

Latest to break his maiden is Lucky Inspiration, Laurel, 10/26/13 available to watch on either Bloodhorse or Laurel Web Site.

ageecee
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ageecee » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:28 am

Are you trying to let someone breed your mares and be 50/50 with them what are you trying to do?

RandomThoughts
2yo Maiden

Postby RandomThoughts » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:34 pm

Ageecee: Ideally, I'm looking for a partner(s) who are willing to invest $ for $ with me in breeding, raising and running a foal. The benefits to the partner is that they will be using my proven infrastructure and knowledge gained over 50 years on equal financial terms with me. The track record is public information, and I think it represents a very high probability proposition of a favorable outcome with complete transparency.
At my age and stage in life, it would be negligent of me to have a greater proportion of my net worth invested in horses. And I have accumulated more well bred, race proven mares than I can breed with any frequency. And I don't care to be a market breeder.

RandomThoughts
2yo Maiden

A further note

Postby RandomThoughts » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:28 pm

The Pine Bluff mare has her first born filly in training now bred on the dynamic Indian Charlie/Pine Bluff cross like Uncle Sigh. From six fillies produced from this cross, five were winners and three were stakes winners, all in SoCal. Rating according to True Nicks is AA+, 20 something variant.
I forgot to mention earlier that the Pine Bluff mare defeated the Ramsey's Major Marvel ($700K to date) in an allowance race. And this was after she sustained a serious, XY suspensory injury that knocked her out for a year, and what finally forced me to start training my own horses.