Introduce myself and seek some ideas, opinions and analysis

Get advice on your broodmares and stallion selection.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn, Diane

Wild Colonial Girl
Newborn

Introduce myself and seek some ideas, opinions and analysis

Postby Wild Colonial Girl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello there Pedigree Query forum members. I am a youngish Aussie thoroughbred enthusiast who has been employed in the racing game over here for twenty years or so. Last year I was granted a permit to PreTrain in Victoria and just a week ago I have received an upgrade to a Restricted License meaning I can now enter horses in races and train for up to five owners other than immediate family.
I have some really nice horses in work, including a 3yo Aussie Rules x Duchess Ida (There Are No Rules) gelding whose maternal uncle was a very tough winner of almost 1million $ Aus. (Royal Ida), a 2yo Amalfi x Bellaraabi (1/2 sister to General Nediym) who is a lovely, kind and tough little colt, and a somewhat freakishly athletic and character filled California Dane x Nile Princess colt. They are more than enough work for me at present, so I am just keeping them happy and letting them tell me where to next!
Also, my sister and I have just purchased a nicely bred FuPeg mare out of Stakeswinning Military Plume mare Minerva. She is a nicely natured mare who only raced 4 times due to sesamoid problems, but by all accounts did show some ability.
I am seriously considering sending her to a young sire over here called Needs Further, who was a seriously talented galloper over here for Gai Waterhouse, whose career was cut short due to a suspensory injury. He is by Encosta de Lago from a good Danehill mare in Crowned Glory.
Reasoning that FuPeg mares seem to go well with Encosta and that this stallion is affordable and did show some real quality in his short career. I have looked into the pedigree of a hypothetical foal to the best of my ability and to my relatively unskilled eye it appears a fairly interesting and well balanced mating. I tend to go on instinctive overview rather than detailed study as I don't feel I completely understand the finer subtleties yet.
If anything I thought "Is it too heavy on Northern Dancer, or is Mr P going to bite me on the tail temperament wise?", but I actually am getting quite excited now at the prospect.
Like most first timers, I can see a champion here!!
Any and all opinions and ideas welcome, and greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to learning and enjoying this place. Oh and I am a first time forum participant too, so hopefully this post is not unacceptably long and demanding.
Judge me by my size, do you? Hmmm? Hmmm.
And well you should not.
For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

hpkingjr

Welcome

Postby hpkingjr » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Here is the hypo mating on your mare.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... lor=000000

Sex balanced Mr. P. and N. D., 4x4. I am clueless on horses done under but I do like the Danzig 4x4. Kimberly Mine is excellent if she has time.
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

hpkingjr

Mating

Postby hpkingjr » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:39 pm

http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php? ... _font=1&l=

Here is a stakes horse 3x3 similar to yours.
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

Wild Colonial Girl
Newborn

Thank you

Postby Wild Colonial Girl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Very much appreciated thank you for posting that hypo mating. I will study these later, must go buy horse food!!

And well you should not.

Wild Colonial Girl
Newborn

Postby Wild Colonial Girl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Not sure I can view hypo mating as I am not subscribed as yet. I have a username & password, not ID.
I just download the pedigrees of both sides separately and screenshot them at present I am on a tablet and it's not as flexible as my laptop which has internet phobia at the moment.
Maybe it's me not flexible.
That stakeswinner is close looking with Bletchingly right there. He was blindingly fast.
Thanks again.

And well you should not.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:51 am

Readys Image
http://www.stallions.com.au/stallions/s ... =103379246

He has a G2 placed colt from a Fu Peg line mare

http://www.pedigreequery.com/big+sugar+soda

Fusaichi Pegasus is the sire of 289 dams of 631 named foals of racing age, 346 rnrs (54%), 210 wnrs (33%), 38 2yo wnrs (6%), 1.03 AEI, 1.50 CI; 9 sw, Leading Earner: Free Judgement ($841,037).

I personally would go with a proven sire over the unknown, particularily with the fact you have a 33% chance of a winner before you pick your sire.....
Edited by Moderator

Wild Colonial Girl
Newborn

Ready's Image

Postby Wild Colonial Girl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Whilst I definitely get the inclination to go with a proven sire, I can't say Ready's Image has really proven himself here. Definitely his father has and I would love to go there but we are not there yet!
Encosta de Lago himself was a great success who was knocked about by Equine Influenza in 2007 upon return from Northern Hemisphere duties. His sons have had mixed success but Northern Meteor, now deceased was really something. The damline of Needs Further through Crowned Glory back to Lady Giselle and Valderna, and then on the top half through Rolls back to Fanfreluche really stands this boy out for me.
I am interested in creating a new line, and the mare herself has some really powerful influences to be tapped.
I will try and post her page somehow. She harks back through her female line to some genuine superstars of the Australian turf, including a champion, the Black Caviar of her day in Special.

And well you should not.

Wild Colonial Girl
Newborn

kung fu pegs page

Postby Wild Colonial Girl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm

And well you should not.