Steven asmussen PETA abuse allegations!!!

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Pitbull599
Suckling

Steven asmussen PETA abuse allegations!!!

Postby Pitbull599 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Tell me what you Gus think?
Their are no winers in a war everyone looses

Nancy T
Allowance Winner

Postby Nancy T » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Not a fan of Peta, but the footage makes me sick. The treatment of the horses is sickening and the disdain for thier well being is too

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:44 am

I surely agree with Nancy, how can such a thing happen in the US? these things will give the horse racing a very bad name!!
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Sailor Kenshin
Starters Handicap

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:47 pm

PETA gives everybody a bad name.
Somebody bet on the gray!

reenci
Grade II Winner

Postby reenci » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:42 pm

PETA nows hires common whores to do under cover work....she slept with blasi and like a typical dog in heat he fell for it..how utterly stupid is he...he proved he has a foul mouth but that's not a crime....the only crime I see is illeagal workers ...that's a felony isn't it ? false s.s. cards and the like ?........but the part about nehro...the owner of that horse is full of poop claiming he didn't know :roll: ...he paid the bills. getting back to the woman who went under cover(s)....9 min. of video out of 7 hrs. what were the other 6 hrs and 51 min. of ?...
A great man cannot help himself," "He can see things that other men cannot see themselves, and his greatness lies in doing whatever is necessary to make his vision real

kezeli
Allowance Winner

Postby kezeli » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:23 am

Editing, a LOT of it, this is what these people do, not that what they have doesn't look bad but I bet it was edited to make it look much worse.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:04 am

reenci

If you think the PETA edit job only proves that Blasi has a foul mouth you need to watch it again and listen a little more carefully. I do not condone the methods used by PETA or how they edit the results, but I am positive they would not have been made if he knew they were being taped.

DDT

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:15 am

I am often accused of being overly tolerant - I believe quite deeply that there are generally two sides to every story. May all of you out there who have NEVER said a single thing that was regretted after it fell out of your mouth move to the head of the line under the sign that says "I am Perfect". I also believe that old saw that money corrupts to its own level, so that a lot of money corrupts a lot. In fact the PROXIMITY of massive money can corrupt massively in the egregious, rapacious jealousy that it creates. It is possible that these fellows were coarsened and made into brutes by pure, unutterable greed.

I think, though, that Blasi and Asmussen are two peas in a pod, considering that in my 42 years of work experience I have only seen management attract and then keep its own kind. Blaming Blasi and firing him is like throwing a wounded sailor off a sinking ship. The sharks will eat now, but they will still eat later.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 am

Agree Madelyn. Does the same apply for Sheik Mo?

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:29 pm

I don't know Sheikh Mo personally, nor any kind of situation he is in at the moment that is related to this. Explain?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 pm

When his operation was found to be drug riddled, he threw the trainer under the bus. A parallel?
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

ratherrapid
Grade II Winner

Postby ratherrapid » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:18 pm

only Q to me re PETA is what took 'em so long. My expectation has always been that they'd be demonstrating at the gates. Instead, undercover. One can look at Asmussen's drug board and see the drug abuse + when is RMTC going to do something about the dangerous thyroid meds, and when is a vet going to lose a license for prescribing thyroxen for non-thyroid patients?
I am a PETA member and looking forward to the day when animal rights groups are invited into our sport. We have, after all, the same goals of animal welfare. Should be a no-brainer imo.