Nancy T
Allowance Winner

press exclusive

Postby Nancy T » Tue May 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Nancy T
Allowance Winner

Re: press exclusive

Postby Nancy T » Tue May 06, 2014 2:57 pm

the person who put this mare on that tractor trailer should be banned for life from ever owning another thoroughbred

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

Postby Affirmed1 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks for posting this, Nancy T. After seeing the before picture, I sure wasn't thinking this story was going to have a happy ending. I have two rescued OTTB thoroughbreds and they have added a great deal to my life. Yes, keeping them costs money, but I feel they are owed a dignified retirement- they did what was asked of them during their careers, and they deserve better than to become cast offs as soon as they stop making money for their owners. Kudos to the people who stepped up to help this mare. Hope she has a long and happy retirement. :)

barnchick
Yearling

Postby barnchick » Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 am

She has 2 fillies training as far as I can tell. Best Barter x Milwaukee Brew'12 filly. Madge marie x Philanthropist '11 filly.
X squared '10 filly 70k earner
Press box '09 mare
Press inclusive '08 mare
Press here '07 gelding 119 earner
Exclusive Dan Sir '06 gelding
Jumptoconclusions '05 mare 128 earner
Moment of Zen '04
I did a quick search when she surfaced on the rescue website. I was familiar with X squared and entered the last 2 in my V Stable. It did turn out better than I thought. I was surprised that somebody paid the M brew stud fee and then dumped her. The mare did her part.

Maureen
Allowance Winner

Postby Maureen » Thu May 08, 2014 7:12 pm

I own Jumptoconclusions. :) And, I am the person who provided the money to get Press out of the lot. X Squared is still racing at Woodbine, and is a good looking, BIG mare. I am keeping a watch out for the 2 y.o. filly, as I'm not so sure of the folks that bought her at the 2013 CTHS Yearling Sale. ;( Don't want her to end up in a bad place like her mother did.

Here's a picture of Jump in her second career. She's about 17:1, and was a sprinter, of all things.

Nancy T
Allowance Winner

Postby Nancy T » Fri May 09, 2014 5:20 am

has anyone ever confronted the owners to dumped this mare? and asked why they would do such a thing? I thought the jockey club had put rules in place regarding selling horses to slaughter?