Light Penalty for Conspirators in Kentucky?

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Light Penalty for Conspirators in Kentucky?

Postby TJ » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:56 am

Anyone else think these two guys got off easy? TJ
http://www.drf.com/news/fines-claim-conspirators

Blue feather
Allowance Winner

Re: Light Penalty for Conspirators in Kentucky?

Postby Blue feather » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:59 pm

The voided claim seems to work well for the original trainer since he was trying to protect the horse. I would certainly pay 1250.00 to have a horse with talent get eligible for 5K starter allowance races. When that horse dominates those starter races, that 1250.00 won't seem to be much of a price to pay. Doesn't seem like much of a penalty. I have a feeling we will see this happen again. With a slap on the wrist such as that, I'm considering doing it myself!(Just kidding)

TJ
Darley line

Re: Light Penalty for Conspirators in Kentucky?

Postby TJ » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi Blue,
I agree...not very fair and the reporter tries to make you think this is a common practice. It's actually very serious and they should have suspended both owners for a month, taken away the purse, fine them and rule Au Moon ineligible for the starter 5,000 condition. He is eligible to the starter 16,000 but they are a salty bunch....but that's where he should remain to be fair to the other owner's that will have him to beat in nickel starters. I think the KHRC may have to re-visit this, especially if Au Moon strings out wins in that condition they were willing to cheat to attain? TJ