Boarding near Paris KY

Questions and postings about buying and selling Thoroughbreds.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jessi P, madelyn

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

Boarding near Paris KY

Postby Altanbarr » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:05 am

Would anyone be willing to recommend a few temporary boarding facilities near Paris KY?

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Re: Boarding near Paris KY

Postby ct2346 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Yup.
I've used one on Houston Antioch road (off Paris Pike) for about 5 years.
You have a PM

JimP
Allowance Winner

Postby JimP » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:15 pm

I would be interested as well. I am toying send one to KY again after
a long hiatus.
JimP
White Cat Farm
[email protected]

"the gene pool could use a little chlorine"

CherryDavis
2yo Maiden

Postby CherryDavis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:39 am

I can recommend both Indian Creek and Columbiana farms. I have used both, my longest relationship being with Indian Creek. IC's entire staff is WONDERFUL. Their office and sales staff are very helpful and supportive, their farm manager is is top notch, and the staff in every barn is excellent with the horses and knows each one personally including their quirks etc. Both farms were recommended to me by a very good friend that's a Hagyard vet. Columbiana also has very good staff and care, the only reason I am more with Indian Creek is that I have them handle all my consignments too so it makes everything easy. The foals come home from IC ready to head to the sales grounds. They walk, stand up square, and are very well behaved. The thing I like best about IC is that they always do what's in the best interest of the horse. It was brutal at KeeNov with freezing temps the last few days. IC got their baths done earlier in the week when temps were warm and hot toweled and blanketed when it got cold. I watched another major consignor bring in mud covered horse after mud covered horse and hose them down out in the open wind (I think the windchill was in the teens), and then put these soaking wet, shivering weanlings in stalls with no walking or scrims to dry them off. IC's staff is made up of long time actual horsemen, many of them still ride and compete in their spare time.

Altanbarr
Allowance Winner

Postby Altanbarr » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:29 am

Thanks everyone for your advice.