Famous Racehorses in the 20th Century

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Re: Famous Racehorses in the 20th Century

Postby Mahubah » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:59 pm

I've put in another 12-14 profiles since my last post -- several important broodmares included. Enjoy!
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Nine more horses are in. There's also a new trivia challenge on the blog "Hoofprints."
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Apparently that last question was a little too easy, since someone got it already! I've put in another one that should be a slightly harder nut to crack. Enjoy!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:37 am

I've posted a special New Year's trivia challenge in my "Hoofprints" blog at http://www.americanclassicpedigrees.com. The answer can be found in the Library section and will be posted tomorrow. Enjoy!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:27 pm

A new trivia challenge is up in the "Hoofprints" blog at http://www.americanclassicpedigrees.com. As always, the answer can be found by researching the Library section.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 am

Zenyatta is now in the Library -- make way for the Queen!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:31 am

Rachel Alexandra has been added.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:12 am

Thoroughly enjoyed a brief 'tour' of your new site/project Mahubah - your notice that "Z" had been added hooked me. (I was in LA when it was announced that she would make a final appearance before her fans at Santa Anita before shipping to Kentucky to begin her career as a broodmare - drug my niece and nephew there and what a show Zenyatta with Mike Smith aboard put on for her many, many fans! A great send off and equally great memory!) I read her profile and then went on to read those of a few others I have enjoyed watching during their racing careers or come to appreciate in observing their continuing contributions via pedigree in succeeding generations' accomplishments on the track and/or the breeding shed. A very thorough yet tightly written reference work to important TBs in flat racing. Well done! Question: Are you going to include such TB standouts in from the realm of timber racing/show jumping, etc? (Or did I miss those that are already in your Library?)

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:34 am

Glad you enjoyed your visit to the site, and I hope you'll come back often and tip your friends to this resource. I will probably add some steeplechasers on down the road, but my focus is on the racing world. Eventually, I want to expand to cover horses important in racing and breeding in both North and South America.

I've just added Forty Niner to the Library, so I hope you'll enjoy that profile too.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Seeking the Gold is now in the Library. You can also test yourself on the new trivia question, but don't check the comments as someone already got it. I'll post the answer Monday for those who don't go ahead and look!

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Love the American Classic Pedigrees site!

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:44 pm

Glad you like it, and hope you'll come back often!

Danzig is now in the Library, and I've updated the page on the important mare Searching to expand on her record as a producer.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:03 pm

California Chrome and Nijinsky II have been added to the Library.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:10 am

Gone West has been added to the Library. I've also added a "Recommended Links" page to the "Library" section with links to some of my favorite sites around the Web.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Mahubah, I got to visit your site for the first time the other day. It's great - just wish I had more time to browse.