The Dubai World Cup

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

The Dubai World Cup

Postby TJ » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Here's the link to Saturday mornings 2015 Dubai World Cup entries and "form guide". TJ
http://www.emiratesracing.com/node/5?id=2682#tab-9967

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: The Dubai World Cup

Postby Cree » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:18 am

Haven't looked at all of the entries, but it sure would be nice to see Bill Mott and Lea win the World Cup.
I am also rooting for Main Sequence, he is such a neat horse.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:16 am

Here's the link to watch the Dubai World Cup Carnival from Meydan this Saturday at 8 AM eastern. TJ
https://www.amwestentertainment.com/dub ... ive-video/

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:01 am

With you cree have had bet on Lea e/w can't see him out of the first 3.
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Race 4: UAE Derby
Mubtaahij
Sir Fever
Maftool
Alnajem Alfaiz

5th: Al Quaz Sprint (turf)
Peniaphobia
Distinctiv Passion

6th: Dubai Golden Shaheen
Salutos Amigos
Montiridge
Secret Circle

7th: Dubai Turf
The Grey Gatsby
Solow
Mshawish

8th: Dubai Sheema Classic
Main Sequence
Flintshire
Designs on Rome
One and Only

9th: Dubai World Cup
California Chrome
Candy Boy
Lea
Hokko Tarumae

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:23 am

Here's the replay of all the races. TJ
http://www.dubaiworldcup.com/media/videos/videos

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:03 am

If anyone was wondering why California Chrome ran in that turf race....the answer is simple now. Those Dumn Ass Partner's (DAP Stable) must have mapped out another dream plan for their 4 YO as they did for the Derby last season. After running 2nd in the World Cup, he won't be heading back to the States. Following Animal Kingdom's lead...he is off to England (Newmarket) to train up to a race at Royal Ascot on June 17th (the Prince of Wales Stakes), with a possible start in the Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes at Newbury May 16. Though not said in so many words, you get the feeling Art Sherman isn't very pleased with the plan DAP made for the colt. Sherman brought this home-bred to the top of the racing lineup, now being ripped apart from one another, can't be a good thing and a slap in the face to Art Sherman. Sherman will make occasional visits oversee's to check on his colt, who will be without his competent tutelage for 3 months. I almost have to root against him now that those guys had the audacity to separate CC from Art, who has to feel upset and empty without his champion back home with him. TJ

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:20 am

I personally think what they are doing is good by the horse.

He was 2nd in he world cup with a wide draw and got mugged late by a deep deep closer.
Now they are off to england to give the horse enough time to train right for royal ascot instead of having to go through quarantine going back to the states then quarantine again for england.

Chrome isn't going to get much love from Kentucky breeders who are worried about sales average's and other bs
rather than trying to breed a good horse.

Going abroad will widen the appeal of this horse commercially.

What makes a pedigree? Results at the racetrack.
What makes a blue blood? Winning classics.

Chrome ticks all the boxes, last year I didn't take a ca bred serious and he won he derby, fine hold my hands up history has show us he is the best US dirt colt around right now, he has the race record to prove it.

His connections might be in it for the money, there are plenty worse out there who regularly breed a horse to 200 mares a year and dump the stallion before he has a chance, I get the feeling the owners want to support him as a stallion.

Not a fan of the fool in the stetson - my opinion is he is doing his best for the horse, might be wrong again - you never know.... :)
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:26 am

dublino wrote:I personally think what they are doing is good by the horse.

He was 2nd in he world cup with a wide draw and got mugged late by a deep deep closer.
Now they are off to england to give the horse enough time to train right for royal ascot instead of having to go through quarantine going back to the states then quarantine again for england.

Chrome isn't going to get much love from Kentucky breeders who are worried about sales average's and other bs
rather than trying to breed a good horse.

Going abroad will widen the appeal of this horse commercially.

What makes a pedigree? Results at the racetrack.
What makes a blue blood? Winning classics.

Chrome ticks all the boxes, last year I didn't take a ca bred serious and he won he derby, fine hold my hands up history has show us he is the best US dirt colt around right now, he has the race record to prove it.

His connections might be in it for the money, there are plenty worse out there who regularly breed a horse to 200 mares a year and dump the stallion before he has a chance, I get the feeling the owners want to support him as a stallion.

Not a fan of the fool in the stetson - my opinion is he is doing his best for the horse, might be wrong again - you never know.... :)

Hi Dub,
Certainly wouldn't disagree with what you said and probably could almost agree with you. I just think the stetson guy should take out his trainer's license or shut his mouth. No doubt CC is a special horse and if it plays out, will be good for racing and his career. Can't help but feel his owner is disrespectful, as we've seen in his Belmont rant and the way Stetson treated his wife. They don't deserve Art Sherman or California Chrome IM(old fashioned)HO:>) TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Too big for their britches.
I cannot see Chrome running well against horses like The Grey Gatsby or whomever else at Ascot. Chrome beat some pretty low-level stakes horses, Lexie Lou aside, in his one turf try. It's a different ball game at Ascot compared to a watered down Hollywood Derby.
Chrome has a pedigree that is not fashionable, AND, he isn't the most perfectly conformed horse. Have you seen him walk straight on??? I'll Have Another wasn't popular in the USA either, and he's doing just fine in Japan.
I really wanted to see Chrome back in the USA on the dirt against Shared Belief and Bayern. Hopefully he makes it back.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:09 pm

TJ no doubt the man is a pig but that's not chromes fault.

No Cree never seen him in the flesh might have to rent a top hat and take a trip to see Liz and her gang at Royal Ascot, that's Queen Elizabeth to you colonials.
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:12 pm

dublino wrote:TJ no doubt the man is a pig but that's not chromes fault.

No Cree never seen him in the flesh might have to rent a top hat and take a trip to see Liz and her gang at Royal Ascot, that's Queen Elizabeth to you colonials.

Hi Dub,
Not saying it's Chrome's fault...but I just can't root for pigs, at least not till pigs fly:>) TJ

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:31 pm

As I said on another thread, these guys don't know what they're doing.

I don't think Ascot is the best place to go next (he's America's horse, right?).

Art Sherman is right, turf is a whole lot different in the UK than it is in the States. The training is different, the surface is different (and it rains a lot - frequently a lot softer), they go round the track in reverse..... I predict that Chrome won't do well and then they'll retire him, deciding he's washed up.

He would do much better with a properly mapped out series of races in the US, leading up to the Breeder's Cup Classic.

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:26 pm

What if Chrome excels and wins or places at Royal Ascot?

European breeders/buyers will take his progeny seriously then, international buyers/breeder/farms in Australia and japan might look at him also.

Even if chrome gets a mapped out plan in USA and wins this years BC classic that still won't help him much as a stallion prospect in the us.

They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, if they lose bad they can say it was a mistake to be so far from home without Art Sherman etc.
Edited by Moderator

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Dublino, I do hope you are right and that he does excel. However I wasn't particularly impressed by his single turf race here and this seems like a very tall order for him.