Thank you TJ

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

dublino
Grade I Winner

Thank you TJ

Postby dublino » Fri May 01, 2015 10:21 am

Every year from January until the first Saturday in May you breath life into this board.

Your post's, insights and general banter are irreplaceable.

Thank you.
Edited by Moderator

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Thank you TJ

Postby Georgerz » Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm

I second that. Thanks to you, too.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Fri May 01, 2015 1:04 pm

Yes TJ and thank you also for all the PP's.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri May 01, 2015 1:05 pm

TJ

I third that motion, you never disappoint us.

DDT

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri May 01, 2015 2:18 pm

And thanks to all of you for playing along, it is sincerely appreciated. I hope someone makes some money after all this:>)
Good luck to you all. TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Fri May 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Ditto TJ. I always enjoy reading your posts.

jagger
Grade III Winner

Postby jagger » Fri May 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Agree with all the above. 8)

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri May 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks again to everyone....now ya got me all blushing and stuff, so I might as well go have a few drinks because I'm all ready red in the face:>) TJ

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Sat May 02, 2015 10:46 am

I'm in total agreement with dublino's post (and others who chimed in) - Thanks TJ for dependably 'feeding the fire' of all the racing fans/Derby Addicts who are active and/or lurking on this board.

On a far different note - indulge me in a bit of a rant here:
Would that the so-called "leaders" of this sport were ever as keenly aware/sportsmanlike as TJ/my fellow Pedigree Query posters in their efforts to make the thrill/fun of horseracing more readily accessible/enjoyable. These sport/horse racing industry leaders of today seem inclined to find every manner in which to separate the lifelong fan from participating in this grand day of racing in US, raising barriers to observing and enjoying the day of Derby racing. This latest tiff between the TVG/HRTV camps making it impossible for me (and over a Million+ other Houstonians who are U-verse clients) to watch the card at Churchill at home while having to listen to the HRTV commentators talk about the race(s) and then show it as late video feed is torture for this 'fan'.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Sat May 02, 2015 11:00 am

Hi Jellac

I agree. However, I could be wrong but I thought the problem was with TVG and the group that owns Churchill Downs. I believe the contract was between the Churchill Downs entity and HRTV and TVG (which now owns HRTV) wasn't able to come to an agreement to show Churchill Downs, Arlington, Fair Grounds etc.

My own pet peeve is the DRF restricting so much news content that it's not worth visiting their website.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat May 02, 2015 11:06 am

jellac wrote:I'm in total agreement with dublino's post (and others who chimed in) - Thanks TJ for dependably 'feeding the fire' of all the racing fans/Derby Addicts who are active and/or lurking on this board.

On a far different note - indulge me in a bit of a rant here:
Would that the so-called "leaders" of this sport were ever as keenly aware/sportsmanlike as TJ/my fellow Pedigree Query posters in their efforts to make the thrill/fun of horseracing more readily accessible/enjoyable. These sport/horse racing industry leaders of today seem inclined to find every manner in which to separate the lifelong fan from participating in this grand day of racing in US, raising barriers to observing and enjoying the day of Derby racing. This latest tiff between the TVG/HRTV camps making it impossible for me (and over a Million+ other Houstonians who are U-verse clients) to watch the card at Churchill at home while having to listen to the HRTV commentators talk about the race(s) and then show it as late video feed is torture for this 'fan'.

Hi jellac and thanks. I agree with you, they don't do much to promote the sport or to make it easy for us. In order to get good coverage of the sport they want you to pay for it. No one covers horse racing in depth, without having you pay for it....DRF is the biggest offender.
Concerning watching the races, all the races are being telecast currently on NBC Sports channel. I think it is a basic cable channel. At 4PM eastern, they will be telecast over the standart NBC channel. TJ

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat May 02, 2015 1:13 pm

well there IS horseracingnow.com and you can watch it on your phone.. I watch on the big screen on my computer, which my husband got me for
Christmas one year since I spend about 10 hours a day on it working for his business. I can see racing on twinspires.com
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....