The Tin Man

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shergar
Starters Handicap

The Tin Man

Postby Shergar » Wed May 06, 2015 11:01 am

Surprised and disappointed nobody on this forum has noted the passing of, The Tin Man.

He was one of my personal favorites, and his win in the 2006 Arlington Million particularly stands out.

Loved his 4th dam, (Good Blood) who was one of Calumet's foundation mares.

The Bloodhorse had a nice article noting is passing. It appears he had a very great life in retirement.

Shergar

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: The Tin Man

Postby Cree » Wed May 06, 2015 6:29 pm

It is sad saying goodbye to our Thoroughbred hero's. The Tin Man was full of heart, such a lovely little horse. I saw him at Del Mar once and he was a perfect gentleman.
It seems he had enjoyed his retirement as best as he could after that knee injury.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Wed May 06, 2015 7:37 pm

It does sound as though he had the nicest retirement. Very sad that he is gone.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

I rewatched the documentary "On the Muscle" to see The Tin Man again. He was such a little warrior.
Also, I never knew this before, but Medal Count's dam Brisquette is featured in the documentary as well.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Mon May 18, 2015 6:21 pm

I put up a page for The Tin Man on American Classic Pedigrees (http://www.americanclassicpedigrees.com/the-tin-man.html). RIP, old man.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis