The 147th Running of the GR I Belmont Stakes

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

The 147th Running of the GR I Belmont Stakes

Postby TJ » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:25 pm

It's showtime...here is the field with post positions for the 147th running of the Belmont Stakes. Below are both the DRF and Brisnet past performances. I will update daily works here and all who want to prognosticate can use this link....please everyone out there reading this, please join in. It's no big deal picking a loser, I do it all the time. Dub, I will list 8 selections in order of preference:>) TJ

11th Race. (C11) Approx Post 6:50PM STAKES
THE BELMONT STAKES
Grade I - $1,500,000
Purse $1,500,000 (Up to $60,000 NYSBFOA) One Mile And One Half
FOR THREE YEAR OLDS.
1 Mubtaahij (IRE) B.c.3 126 Ortiz, Jr., I Essafinaat de Kock, Michael
2 Tale of Verve(L) B.c.3 126 Stevens, G Fipke, C Stewart, Dallas
3 Madefromlucky(L) Ch.c.3 126 Castellano, J Cheyenne Stables, LLC Pletcher, Todd
4 Frammento(L) Ch.c.3 126 Smith, M Mossarosa Zito, Nicholas Blk-Off
5 American Pharoah(L) B.c.3 126 Espinoza, V Zayat Stables, LLC Baffert, Bob
6 Frosted(L) Gr/ro.c.3 126 Rosario, J Godolphin Stable McLaughlin, Kiaran
7 Keen Ice(L) B.c.3 126 Desormeaux, K Donegal Racing (J. Crawford) Romans, Dale
8 Materiality(L) B.c.3 126 Velazquez, J Alto Racing Pletcher, Todd

Brisnet,click on American Pharoah Ultimate PP's http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatc ... ummary.htm
DRF http://www1.drf.com/formulator-web/Free ... ce-race/11

dublino
Grade I Winner

Re: The 147th Running of the GR I Belmont Stakes

Postby dublino » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:43 am

I'd only pick with here if your lot could set up a fair track.....

Frosted for me e/w surely this time he will be in the first 3.
If not I will have to find a trailer park to rent somewhere to live.

Did you see the surface swallowing up Pharaohs feet, he went in deeper than Churchill Downs.
Edited by Moderator

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:34 am

dublino wrote:I'd only pick with here if your lot could set up a fair track.....

Frosted for me e/w surely this time he will be in the first 3.
If not I will have to find a trailer park to rent somewhere to live.

Did you see the surface swallowing up Pharaohs feet, he went in deeper than Churchill Downs.

Hi Dub,
AP only jogged yesterday...on the outside fence of a muddy track, that area is used for jogging and usually much deeper than the area horses breeze and gallop over. Reason being, when the track is graded, the excess dirt ends up accumulating near the outside fence. Same reason why we see the track sometimes playing to speed, because the top cushion is moved from the inside and pushed to the outside fence. TJ

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:26 am

dub

You continue to voice the opinion that some how track management at Churchill and Pimlico created a bias for American Pharoah to win the Derby and Preakness, or that the track surface was biased towards American Pharoah and that is why he won the first two legs of the Triple Crown. If you are correct in your opinion I want to know the name of the rain maker hired by Pimlico so I can pay him/her to go to New York on Saturday and provide the said bias for the final leg.

As to Frosted, his 2 for 8 record speaks for itself, however, his 4 second place runs bodes well for his chances to finish 2nd or 3rd, so I would think your wager is safe for an in the money chance.

American Pharoah, bias or not, has defeated all 7 of the Belmont runners entered against him on Saturday, I do not expect any of them to finish better than 2nd. I wish you good luck with your wagers and I hope they all have a fair chance at a win and all come back safe.

DDT

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:54 am

Thursday (6/4)
Belmont: The track is fast today.
Tale of Verve galloped a mile and a half then visited the starting gate for a bit of schooling. Of interest, his 2YO (full) baby sister Verve's Tale, breezed 3/8ths in 37.4 seconds.
Mubtaahij breezed 3/8ths in 37.2 and pulled up a 1/2 in 51,2. He went much better over the fast track today, switching leads on Que. Mike de Koch confirmed Mubtaahij was uncomfortable traveling over the off track yesterday and they are relieved Saturday's forecast is rain free.
American Pharoah was full of himself today, galloping a mile and a half straight off as he entered the main track. He went a solid two minute lick for the first mile before being throttled down to a regular gallop the final 1/2.
Keen Ice was due to jog after a walk day yesterday and jog he did. Going twice around big sandy, he jogged a total of three miles!
Frosted Once again the last horse to the track, he jogged a mile and galloped a mile. He's been doing very little the last few days and after today's piece of work I wonder what is going on with him? There is no way he is being trained as he should be for the Belmont Stakes 2nd choice??
Madefromlucky galloped ?
Materiality galloped ?
UPDATE, Madefromlucky and Materiality galloped in company a mile and seven-sixteenths early this morning over Belmont Parks's training track, that's why they weren't mentioned.
Frammento galloped ?

The last three, Frammento, Madefromlucky and Materiality I assume galloped. No official word concerning what they did today. If it is revealed I will edit the post.
Still very confused and concerned over the way Frosted has been training? TJ
Last edited by TJ on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:01 am

I am going with Pletcher with the upset.

Materiality
American Pharoah
Keen Ice

The more I watch Keen Ice the more I like him. He has that huge head (doesn't Curlin have a big head too?).

dublino
Grade I Winner

Postby dublino » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:02 am

DDT no horses closed on Derby day in any races, when was the last Derby run where the first 3 at the 1f pole where the first 3 at the finish?

The Preakness I couldn't care if it snowed, not my point again track was set up for speed unlike the day previous when closers were able to get into the race.

Looking how deep Pharaoh was sinking into the track it gives me hope that he won't be handed the triple crown.

Maybe it should be renamed the triple clowns
A trainer who's horse were dropping like flies amid drugging allocations
An owner who owes his bookie $1.6m and being sued for another $10m who was also caught up with Assmusen and the PETA scandal
A jockey who is 2-67 and got two other triple crown hopefulls beat

Racing really needs this shot in the arm....
Edited by Moderator

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:19 am

dub

You must keep in mind that horses do not get to choose who their breeders, owners, trainers and jockeys are, and for that matter, what tracks and races they will run in. In addition, we all know that Ireland, England and France are without scandal in their respective jurisdictions.

DDT
Last edited by DDT on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Here's American Pharoah's gallop today 6/4/15. This guy two minute licked the first mile of his 1 1/2 mile gallop....it looked like he was barely moving. He handled the track amazingly well for the first time galloping over it. I was iffy till now....if this horse gets beat it's all on Espinoza. I've never seen a horse train better then this horse. TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozdHk-avDo

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:17 am

Friday (6/5) the track is fast.
Tale of Verve again the first one out over the main track. The rider was hard pressed keeping him from doing to much (through the lane) at the end of his mile and a half gallop.
Madefromlucky and Materiality again went to the training track and galloping a little over a mile and a half in company.
American Pharoah another eye catching gallop, going a mile and five eights, a mile and a quarter of that gallop was at a two minute clip. Tomorrow, race day AP will walk the shedrow.
That's all we've heard about so far....they all should have been out by now? Mubtaahij, Frammento, Keen Ice and Frosted are yet to check in. Will update when and if?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:21 am

Seems they left us hanging again with 4 of the Belmont contenders, but they did post AP's final gallop earlier then usual. Will edit the workout post if word of what the other 4 did today is announced.TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ecZx5Q60zE

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:29 am

TJ you are the Best! Luv all the data. Thinking about actually heading over to Churchill Downs to watch the race. In this relatively small field hopefully talent will out. If AP wins he will be priceless!! The first Triple Crown winner in this CENTURY.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:33 pm

madelyn wrote:TJ you are the Best! Luv all the data. Thinking about actually heading over to Churchill Downs to watch the race. In this relatively small field hopefully talent will out. If AP wins he will be priceless!! The first Triple Crown winner in this CENTURY.

Hi Madelyn,
Thanks....and I agree with you. It would be great to see this deserving horse win the TC. It will be a real horse race. So many are capable of the upset. TJ

hpkingjr

Postby hpkingjr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:27 pm

1. Frosted
2. Materiality
3. Keen Ice
4. American Pharaoh

My superfecta
Give the Pope and the King of England a horse and in thirty days, they'll be stealing halters.

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Because I believe you can single American Pharoah in the final leg of the pick 4 for races 8-11, coupled with the fact that he will go off at even money or less, the only way to take advantage of his superior position for a win is to bet pick 3's, rolling doubles or the pick 4. The ticket will look like this,8,9/4,9/2,5/5 and the cost for $1.00 will be $8.00 or $4.00 if you play it for $.50. Good luck to all and may they all have a safe trip.

After reviewing my pick 4 selections this morning I am adding number 3 to the first leg, the ticket now is as follows 3,8,9 in the first leg, 4,9 in the second leg, 2,5 in the third leg and 5 in the fourth leg. By adding the 3 to the ticket it now costs $12.00 for a $1.00 wager or $6.00 for a $.50 wager.

Again, good luck to all and may they all have a safe and uneventful trip.

DDT
Last edited by DDT on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.