ABOUT MODERATOR JORGE MARTINEZ

Talk about equine color, markings, genetics, etc. Post pictures of flashy Thoroughbreds!

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Jorge, Sunday Silence

camarero1956
Suckling

ABOUT MODERATOR JORGE MARTINEZ

Postby camarero1956 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:09 pm

It is with a heavy heart that I inform the Pedigree Query Message Board Members of the sudden passing of board moderator Jorge Martínez on May 20, 2015.
His passing will leave a great void for both family, friends and board members. Jorge was a source of insighful comments and was always ready to share his encyclopedic knowledge of color genetics with all of us. I was lucky enough to call him my friend. He was not only a bright individual, but also a very kind soul, a true gentleman with deep family and spiritual values.
I ask to please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers for they are going through very trying times.

Thanks to all,
Rosana Rivera

zipperfoot
Weanling

Re: ABOUT MODERATOR JORGE MARTINEZ

Postby zipperfoot » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:28 am

I am so sorry to hear that. My sympathy and prayers to his family and friends.

He will be missed.

jellac
Grade I Winner

Postby jellac » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:51 am

Very sorry to hear of Jorge's sudden passing - my sympathies to his family and loved ones. Such events, when unexpected or unanticipated, always leave those who knew and enjoyed the deceased very sad and unsettled.

I would offer as a note of comfort to his family and friends that his deep faith and spiritual foundations/beliefs were as obvious as his love of the study of equine color genetics and inherited racing ability tied to the color gray.

He was much respected here on the Pedigree Query board as a poster who's passion for the genetics of color in thoroughbreds and especially his special love for certain lines of the color gray was well known and often introduced his fellow posters to previously unknown stallions and sires of racing credentials outside of US and Europe.

I would also add that in his replies to others posts and his own posts he was the consummate gentleman, respectful of all others, even those he did not necessarily agree or concur with. He will be missed here on the Pedigree Query.

Georgerz
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby Georgerz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:48 pm

I am very sad to hear the news of Jorge passing away. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Oh what a tragedy! Jorge will be sorely missed. His passion and enthusiasm especially.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Affirmed1
Allowance Winner

Postby Affirmed1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Jorge's kindness showed through in each of his posts. My prayers go out to his family.

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:14 am

So very sorry to hear about this, I have great memories, Jorge was here from the beginning, always so kind and thoughtful. Always involved with the grey ones. May he rest in pieace.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 am

Prayers to his family.
His passion for grey horses, and colour in general, was very much contagious.

camarero1956
Suckling

Postby camarero1956 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Thank you all for your kind words.
Rosana
Rosana

angrovestud
Allowance Winner

Postby angrovestud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:41 am

I am so sad to hear of Jorge's passing he was so very kind to me, I wanted to tell him I bred a foal he asked me to breed a spotted part Tb and she is now registered with Weatherbys NTR your wish came true Jorge god bless you. from us both at Angrove Stud.
A coloured leaving its mark
Angrove stud breeding your racing colours

I am dyslexic it can be funny!

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:56 am

So sorry to hear this about Jorge. He was a wonderful contributor to many threads. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:27 pm

So sorry to hear of Jorge's passing. He was a true gentleman. He loved Thoroughbreds deeply and took a child's pure delight in learning more about these wonderful animals, especially in the matter of color. He was also a man who exhibited the spirit of the Christ he served, in whose presence he now rejoices. May God be with his family and continue to give them comfort as they adjust to living without him.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

summerhorse
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby summerhorse » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:48 pm

What a shock to read this. I'm so sorry he's gone, he will be sorely missed. Good Bye Jorge. :(
Every mighty oak was once an acorn that stood its ground.

springboro
Grade II Winner

Postby springboro » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:34 am

I'm so sad to hear of his passing. Jorge added so much passion to this group, and was always a gentleman in his discussions. He will be missed!

belambi
Allowance Winner

Postby belambi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:42 pm

So very Sorry to hear this.

Thoughts and Prayers to the Martinez family, and thanks for all the shared knowledge Jorge.