Rachel's Little Girl

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

TJ
Darley line

Rachel's Little Girl

Postby TJ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:52 am

Rachel Alexandra's first filly foal by Bernardini, won today at first asking at Saratoga going 6 furlongs in 1:10.39 seconds. A small and compact filly, surprising considering the size of her dam. She broke a bit slow as she ducked in slightly at the break, then came running wide around the turn to draw clear inside the 1/6th pole. Her name is Rachel's Valentina and we will be hearing more from her. TJ

jagger
Grade III Winner

Re: Rachel's Little Girl

Postby jagger » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:04 am

An excellent first outing and a great time to boot.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:50 am

Nice win!
It must be a relief to see her filly get a win. What is happening with the 3-year-old colt?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Cree wrote:Nice win!
It must be a relief to see her filly get a win. What is happening with the 3-year-old colt?

Hi Cree,
He's in training at Saratoga, Jess's Dream (Curlin) had two workouts....but they have been spaced further apart then you'd like to see. Thirteen day spacing between his 1st two works...his last work was on 7/25, a 1/2 in 48.58 over the main track? TJ

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:40 pm

I saw Jess's Dream today - thought him a little coarse but nice sized...but I'll take him in a heartbeat!

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Rachel's 3YO son by Curlin, Jess's Dream, will make his debut today at Saratoga going a mile and an eighth for McLaughlin and Stonestreet Stables LLC. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:01 pm

That's two starters for Rachel and two winners at Saratoga. Jess's Dream ran a phenomenal race, I can't remember how long it's been since a first time starter won first crack out of the box at that distance. He ran the mile and an eight in 1:49.06 seconds and broke far, far behind the field. I'll try to post the replay of this race, it was absolutely amazing. His trainer, McLaughlin has been on some kinda tear up here winning races, but this was one great training job!! TJ

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:10 pm

TJ

I'm watching the race and thinking he is left at the break and less than half the race and he is way back just running along, just shy of the turn he starts to pick up ground and deep in the stretch I'm thinking this horse is going to get the money. What a race, especially for a first time starter. It is not as outstanding as his sire's maiden breaker, but it certainly was much more entertaining. The word is correct, "amazing".

DDT

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Here's the replay of Jess's Dream' maiden win. He's in the gold colors and you won't see him till he turns for home and moves outside for his run to the wire going his last 3/8ths in a spectacular 34.66 seconds. TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gcb7CnEUM

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Hoh Lee Cow. Not just the stride length, but the bounce and energy. Love him. Was not particularly interested before, but . . .
Hoh
Lee
Cow

That's not a win style you see everyday.
Thanks TJ
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:58 am

That was something really special. He wasn't even in the camera for most of the race but he won quite easily.

Where will he go next, I wonder?

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:59 am

Oh, and PS, does anyone know what the Beyer figure was?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:07 pm

geowarrior wrote:That was something really special. He wasn't even in the camera for most of the race but he won quite easily.
Where will he go next, I wonder?

geowarrior wrote:Oh, and PS, does anyone know what the Beyer figure was?

Hi Geo,
This horse may not be one that you can make long term plans with, so I'm sure they will play it by ear and see how he's doing before deciding when to run back. He had a tough time getting to this race with injuries along the way, it took Kiaran a full year to get him to the races.

He received a 90 beyer. Personally I thought it looked like he ran a better figure since a few of those horses he beat, had 91-94 beyers on their resume? TJ
Here's his pp: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNP8sHQWgAE_Gjo.jpg:large

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:14 pm

Thanks TJ.

I also thought the Beyer might have been higher.

I did read somewhere (forgot where or I'd have posted the link) that they plan on an allowance next. I do hope his injuries are behind him and that with age and maturity comes durability.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:15 pm

I hope they try Jess's Dream on the lawn. That closing kick showed a turn of foot that will win at the graded stakes level on turf.

If he were mine, I'd be trying to run him through his conditions at Belmont and Woodbine.