Shug Might Have an Early Derby Prospect

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Shug Might Have an Early Derby Prospect

Postby TJ » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Sail Ahoy is his name. He is a 1/2 brother to Point of Entry, by Bernardini who seems to tolerate the dirt:>) Shug flat out gave him one at Saratoga and wheeled him back today stretching out to a mile....just two weeks after finishing 3rd in a sprint. It's unusual to see Shug come back that fast, but this horse is still a bit green and needed his first start to figure out what he's doing out there. He still looked to be a bit shy when the dirt hit him, but once he moved outside and lengthened his stride he got up over a very nice Bill Mott horse Deserved, who also seems to have a world of upside. Keep your eyes on both of these!! TJ

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Re: Shug Might Have an Early Derby Prospect

Postby geowarrior » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 am

TJ wrote:Sail Ahoy is his name. He is a 1/2 brother to Point of Entry, by Bernardini who seems to tolerate the dirt:>) Shug flat out gave him one at Saratoga and wheeled him back today stretching out to a mile....just two weeks after finishing 3rd in a sprint. It's unusual to see Shug come back that fast, but this horse is still a bit green and needed his first start to figure out what he's doing out there. He still looked to be a bit shy when the dirt hit him, but once he moved outside and lengthened his stride he got up over a very nice Bill Mott horse Deserved, who also seems to have a world of upside. Keep your eyes on both of these!! TJ

I'll be adding him to my stable right away - I love Point of Entry. Thanks TJ.

TJ
Darley line

Re: Shug Might Have an Early Derby Prospect

Postby TJ » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:31 pm

geowarrior wrote:
TJ wrote:Sail Ahoy is his name. He is a 1/2 brother to Point of Entry, by Bernardini who seems to tolerate the dirt:>) Shug flat out gave him one at Saratoga and wheeled him back today stretching out to a mile....just two weeks after finishing 3rd in a sprint. It's unusual to see Shug come back that fast, but this horse is still a bit green and needed his first start to figure out what he's doing out there. He still looked to be a bit shy when the dirt hit him, but once he moved outside and lengthened his stride he got up over a very nice Bill Mott horse Deserved, who also seems to have a world of upside. Keep your eyes on both of these!! TJ

I'll be adding him to my stable right away - I love Point of Entry. Thanks TJ.

Hi Geo,
You're welcome....don't forget to add Deserved also. TJ