Woodbine Mile day (tomorrow)

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Woodbine Mile day (tomorrow)

Postby Cree » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:45 am

Some really competitive races tomorrow. I might go out there if I can get myself organized.

R3 Bold Venture S. (GIII)
Calgary Cat has been on a tear locally. I cannot see this horse losing.

Calgary Cat
Endless Light
Speightsong

R6 Northern Dancer S. (G1)
Attfield is high on Danish Dynaformer (I am too). He tries the big boys here, and I think he can finish in the top 3.

Triple Threat
Danish Dynaformer
Lucky Speed

R9 Canadian S. (G2)
Stut the Course is an uber talented mare. I really think she could be competitive in the graded turf races in her division in the States.

Strut the Course
Habibi (if she goes against the girls)
Overheard

R10 Woodbine Mile (G1)
Still mourning the retirement of Wise Dan... if Obviously is truly back, I think he has a real shot here. I never count out Grand Arch either. *I changed my mind and I like that Mr Owen colt!

Mr. Owen
Tower of Texas
Grand Arch

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Woodbine Mile day (tomorrow)

Postby Cree » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Got out to the Woodbine Mile today, it was cold!
Didn't get there until the Northern Dancer to watch Interpol steal the race. A huge 2nd by NZ-bred mare Habibi. She could've gone around another time ;-)
Beautiful win by Strut the Course, who was blocked for most of the stretch and got some running room at the very end. She is a real joy to watch. I was star struck seeing H. Graham Motion :-)
Lea has got to be one of the most beautiful horses I have ever seen in my life. He oozes class and confidence, and is so light on his feet. I thought he had the win, but Mondialiste came out of nowhere with a burst of speed that Lea just couldn't respond to (and he looked like he was looking over at him going "Where did you come from?". A nice run by Obviously in his first start back in 10 (?) months to hang on for 3rd. Not a fast time, and I am convinced Wise Dan would've blown them away (possibly biased, I know). Again I was star struck seeing Bill Mott, one of my all-time favourite trainers.
I am so glad I got out there for the races, not one of my finest betting days. I hope they send Mondialiste in the Mile, he will make it a lot tougher if he goes.

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Re: Woodbine Mile day (tomorrow)

Postby geowarrior » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:14 am

Glad you had a good time. I've always thought Lea looked beautiful but on t.v. it's hard to tell.