The GR I COTILLION STAKES

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

The GR I COTILLION STAKES

Postby TJ » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:22 am

Parx has some very nice racing on tap Saturday. Here are the entries and PP's for the Cotillion Stakes for 3YO fillies. 2YO Filly Champ, Take Charge Brandi, attempts to return to the form that earned her the title. TJ

9th Race. (C9) Post 4:50PM STAKES
The 46th Running of The COTILLION STAKES (Grade I)
Purse $1,000,000 Guaranteed 1 1/16 Miles
FOR FILLIES THREE YEAR OLDS.
1 TARA'S TANGO (L) Hollendorfer, J Smith, M 117
1a KEEN PAULINE (L) Romans, D Garcia, M 122
2 DESERT VALLEY (L) Radosevich, J Parker, D 117
3 EMBELLISH THE LACE (L) Dutrow, A Castellano, J 124
4 STROKE PLAY (L) Preciado, R Castillo, A 117
5 TAKE CHARGE BRANDI (L) Lukas, D Saez, L 119
6 PANGBURN (L) Dutrow, A Santana, Jr., R 117
7 PEACE AND WAR (L) Motion, H Rosario, J 117
8 I'M A CHATTERBOX (L) Jones, J Geroux, F 122
9 CALAMITY KATE (L) Breen, K Prado, E 122
10 ESKENFORMONEY (L) Pletcher, T Velazquez, J 117
11 DON'TFORGETABOUTME (L) Pletcher, T Ortiz, Jr., I 117
a -- Stonestreet Stables LLC

Click on DON'TFORGETABOUTME http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatc ... ummary.htm

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: The GR I COTILLION STAKES

Postby Cree » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 am

Huge fan of Tara's Tango, but I think Chatterbox is the one to beat here.

I'm a Chatterbox
Tara's Tango
Keen Pauline

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:35 am

Embellish The Lace
I'm A Chatterbox
Take Charge Brandi

Aug27
Allowance Winner

Postby Aug27 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Half the field shows wire-to-wire route wins, so it ought to be crowded on the front end, with a quick pace, so I'll pick Mike on Tara, with #4 Stroke Play underneath in the exotics. Hope the real ( good) Brandi shows up!

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:19 am

Embellish The Lace...ran great in the Alabama against a good field. Dutrow attempts to win this Stake for the 2nd time. He last won this race in 2010, with Havre de Grace who finished 2nd in the Alabama.
I'm A Chatterbox...speaking of running 2nd in the Alabama:>)...lunged and bobbled at the start in the Alabama, so the filly didn't show her usual speed that day while lugging in through the lane. She could easily turn the tables on ETL.
Eskenformoney...finished in front of Embellish The Lace in the Mother Goose. Bad post could could compromise her chances.
Keen Pauline...also ran unplaced in the Mother Goose and also gets a poor post...but, Dale Romans seems to steps up with these "Keen" horses in big races (Keen Ice:>) TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:19 pm

I'm A Chatterbox gets her G1. I think she is (at this point) the best 3-year-old filly and I hope they run her in the Distaff.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Cree wrote:I'm A Chatterbox gets her G1. I think she is (at this point) the best 3-year-old filly and I hope they run her in the Distaff.

Hi Cree,
I agree, she deserved that win....but that continues to muddle the 3YO filly picture. Guess it will go down to the BC Distaff to decide the title. Will post the replay when it surfaces:>) TJ
PS. just saw they will send her to Keeneland next weekend to get ready for the BC Distaff

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:53 pm

My opinion is that Lady Eli is truly the best sophomore filly.
Stellar Wind needs a win outside of California.
Chatterbox has maintained a good record the whole year, wherever she has gone. I think she has done better than the KY Oaks winner (I forgot her name...).

I can't believe how badly Take Charge Brandi did today. Has she come back sound?

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:05 am

Cree wrote:My opinion is that Lady Eli is truly the best sophomore filly.
Stellar Wind needs a win outside of California.
Chatterbox has maintained a good record the whole year, wherever she has gone. I think she has done better than the KY Oaks winner (I forgot her name...).

I can't believe how badly Take Charge Brandi did today. Has she come back sound?

Hi Cree,
Out of sight, out of mind:>) I forgot about Lady Eli....and agree you are 100% correct about Lady Eli, she is by far the best of her generation, though I would prefer to see a little versatility like winning on the dirt, her overall record speaks for itself against the rest of her division.
A couple others that might get a look are Sentiero Italia and Cavorting. Although Cavorting being limited in distance and Sentiero Italia being strictly turf have shown their moments:>)
Here's the replay of I'm a Chatterbox's win. She earned a 95 beyer for her effort. TJ

PS, Lady Eli's latest report is that she's doing very well and might actual return to the races next season. On a sad note, Rober Agne, one of the 2 vets who were instrumental in saving her life, died in a bicycle accident earlier this month.

Cotillion Stakes Replay: http://www1.drf.com/displayVideo.do?tra ... ountry=USA