Saturday's BC Races

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Re: Saturday's BC Races

Postby TJ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:49 pm

TJ wrote:I was very impressed with Songbird...if she stays sound she will stand alone in her generation, male or female.
Runhappy was another who will be heard from....also contingent on staying sound. There is a good chance he will try longer distances in the near future.
For me I was happy to see American Pharoah win at this distance for the first time, in the same authoritative manner he has in all his other exciting wins. Though the field left much to be desired when Beholder scratched....not that they were bad horses in the field, but it became a lopsided pace affair which is AP's "meat". This win, I believe makes him the single most prized commodity at stud that America has ever seen.
Friday I was impressed with Stellar Wind and Stopchargingmaria. I believe Stellar Wind locked up the 3YO filly championship in that race and Stopcharginmaria may have taken older mare....she's such a hard trying mare.
Unfortunately many of the Euro's were compromised with the track condition and leaving the gate, though performed very well. It's tough when you come all this way and get compromised in one way or another...knowing you can't get even because your flight back is all ready booked:>) No doubt they have a heck of a group of horses across the pond and in general their turf runners are amazing. Overall one of the best BC series put on....Keeneland did a great job. TJ

I just realized the out of sight out of mind theory was working full time on me after watching the BC Distaff....yes, I do think Stellar Wind will leave that race with the 3YO filly Championship....but no way Stopchargingmaria will take the Older mare title....Geez, I forgot all about Beholder, what a fickle fan I am:>) No doubt about Beholder winning the older mare title. AP locked up HOY and 3YO Championship for sure:>) TJ

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Re: Saturday's BC Races

Postby skeenan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:33 am

Well... since we couldn't have a Beholder/American Pharoah face-off... I would love to see Songbird and Beholder face each other at some point. :D