TJ
Darley line

Godolphin and Darley to Merge

Postby TJ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Godolphin and Darley to Merge

Postby Cree » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:29 am

This is interesting. I don't really know what this means, but it must mean something if they are reporting it!?!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Interesting. Big shake up I guess. I see Charlie Boden is slated to leave at the end of June.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Cree wrote:This is interesting. I don't really know what this means, but it must mean something if they are reporting it!?!

Hi Cree,
I think much of this 'streamlining" began in 2014 after the doping scandal. At that time Simon Crisford headed up Darley, but after an internal investigation he left as Godolphin's racing manager. Then later that year Olly Tait left his post as COO of Darley. In 2015 Charlie Boden left his post as head of sales at Darley....so this merger seems to put John Ferguson (who was the Sheikhs bloodstock, steeplechase trainer and sales rep) in as bloodstock and racing manager of Darley and Godolphin. Financially it seems like a good move and the other reason is, the Sheikh wants Godolphin to be at the forefront of his racing operation in the USA as it is in Europe and eliminate the Darley name everywhere but the breeding shed. TJ