Good Bye Les Bois. Again!

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Good Bye Les Bois. Again!

Postby Shergar » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:18 am

I knew it was going to happen, but hearing the official announcement is never easy.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -race-meet

It was a hard fight to get the law passed in 2013 to have instant racing machines. The CDA Indian tribe raised a public stink that Instant racing machines were slots. I also believe there was some behind the scenes opposition by some Nevada gaming interests.

Bowing to pressure from the CDA tribe, the Idaho legislature repealed the statute allowing instant racing this past spring. The Governor vetoed the legislation and the legislature failed to over ride the veto. Unfortunately our bumbler of a Governor failed to return his veto in the time specified in the Idaho Constitution. The CDA tribe took it to court and the Idaho Supreme Court ruled unanimously in favor of the tribe.

Along with ruling for the tribe, the ISC also awarded them attorneys fees. Apparently there is also some sort of time frame for them to submit their bill? They also failed to submit in a timely manner and the state is balking at paying their attorneys fees. The CDA tribe now has the NERVE to complain about this and is again pursuing legal remedies to get their attorneys fees.

Though it now appears a dead issue, the Governor did put out a press release stating he wants the legislature to reconsider the ban. Also I have heard that more than a few senators/reps. are having second thoughts about the repeal.

Ain't politics grand?!

Shergar

JimbleBrimble
Starters Handicap

Re: Good Bye Les Bois. Again!

Postby JimbleBrimble » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:23 pm

OK, but shouldn't your nickname be Forever Shergar ??

Everybody knows that Shergar himself never went to Idaho.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:28 pm

HI Shergar as a Nevadan myself I know that WE didn't have anything to do with getting rid of those Machines. WE actually SUPPORT LES Bois park because WE race there. I really don't appreciate your lack of knowledge. When I went to Les Bois in June, everyone there from the office to grooms where told that this can happen and prepare for it. When I went to Oregon to see Grindstone, and Harbor the Gold , THEY knew about it. They Buckled down, HELL ,we As NEVADANS knew about it. Try NOT to blame other people for that issue esp when you said that you knew that the Idaho Supreme Court was in favor for that Tribes issue.

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Karen;

You need to read the post a LOT closer. I wasn't blaming the people of Nevada. It was pointing a finger at the gaming interests in Nevada. BIG Difference. Also I think I made it quite clear that the CDA tribe was the major driving force behind getting instant racing laws repealed. We knew the CDA tribe had been working to get the law repealed from day one. I never said I, or anyone connected to racing knew the Idaho Supreme court was going to rule in favor of the tribes lawsuit. I suspected the courts were going to rule the veto was invalid. What I knew was coming was the cancellation of racing for 2016. Again, if you would have bothered to read what I said, was I knew the cancellation of 2016 racing was coming, but officially hearing the official cancellation was hard to take. I do have some inside perspective and what was going on behind closed doors. So don't go off on me when I know a hell of a lot more about what is going on with Idaho racing than you will ever know.

Shergar

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:59 am

But again you are using NEVADA GAMING which AGAIN YOU are blaming. NO WE Didn't. Stop blaming people for your mistake. As a person in the GAMING INDUSTRY IN NEVADA, We didn't mess with your little track.

karenkarenn
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby karenkarenn » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:01 am

Yeah you did make is Quite CLEAR that its your states issue not ours. Maybe if you listened to yourself more often you would be such a WINDBAG.

Shergar
Starters Handicap

Postby Shergar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:44 pm

I give up. I reckon there are some people you just can't reach.