Leading Sire

Re: I'm finally a part owner

Postby geowarrior » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Can you at least watch them on TV?

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Oh, sure...at least the Saturday. Sunday's race is right in the middle of choir rehearsal. I skip rehearsal, I get pay docked!!
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Got Slent Glory in on Saturday, and Modiste in on Sunday.
Can I go to either race?
Nooooooo! :evil:
But happy they're running

Hi Toccet,
Good Luck T....here's the past performances....you know who to click on:>) TJ
http://www.garycontessa.com/entries-results/

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Good luck to both your runners, Toccet---safe trips for both and (I hope) the first of many winner's circle photos for your stable!
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Mahubah wrote:Good luck to both your runners, Toccet---safe trips for both and (I hope) the first of many winner's circle photos for your stable!

Thanks so much Mahubah. :lol: and T.J., of course. Chart had some positives about SG for once. Blinkers on. Gary didn't mention that.

----Arrested Development

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:46 am

Fudge. Modiste scratched out of the first race?
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Ugh, not a good week . . . so here's the deal: Silent Glory ran second-last and I didn't know why--till trainer revealed this morning that he came back dead lame, and X-rays revealed a deep bruise. he'll need at least a week off. Poor thing.
Modiste did not touch her feed tub last night and was acting lethargic this morning...so naturally scratched.
No word yet on what might be wrong.

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Ugh, not a good week . . . so here's the deal: Silent Glory ran second-last and I didn't know why--till trainer revealed this morning that he came back dead lame, and X-rays revealed a deep bruise. he'll need at least a week off. Poor thing.
Modiste did not touch her feed tub last night and was acting lethargic this morning...so naturally scratched.
No word yet on what might be wrong.

Hi Toccet,
Sorry to hear SG came up lame....but when he ran that bad there had to be something amiss, he always turns in his run somewhere along the line. I hope there's nothing serious bugging Modiste....she's your ace in the hole:>) I see Wally worked a solid 1/2 this morning. TJ

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Sorry about the bad news. At least SG came back on four feet, even if sore. Hope Modiste feels better soon.

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 am

Toccet02, I've been avidly following your adventures in ownership. (With, admittedly, a little bit of envy. :) ) While SG's race the other day was surprising and disappointing, I'm: a.) glad that there's a reasonable explanation. b.) REALLY glad that it's a bruise and not something more serious.

Fingers crossed for a quick and complete recovery for SG, and hoping that Modiste turns out to be okay!

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks all . . .I'm going to watch the replay and see if I can see an incident or a bad step. It was his right fore. Gary thinks he'll only need a week off and then resume training--slowly if I know Gary, and thank goodness. SG is my favorite, personality speaking...maye it's just my ego, as he left his full bucket of grain that he JUST got to come over and socialize with me. No nipping either. :) The others are well behaved too--but "Tony" made me feel like st. Francis.

Sue--did I ever tell you I read your book and LOVED it? really really good. I'm a tad jealous of THAT. :wink:

----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Toccet02 wrote:Thanks all . . .I'm going to watch the replay and see if I can see an incident or a bad step. It was his right fore. Gary thinks he'll only need a week off and then resume training--slowly if I know Gary, and thank goodness. SG is my favorite, personality speaking...maye it's just my ego, as he left his full bucket of grain that he JUST got to come over and socialize with me. No nipping either. :) The others are well behaved too--but "Tony" made me feel like st. Francis.

Sue--did I ever tell you I read your book and LOVED it? really really good. I'm a tad jealous of THAT. :wink:

Hi Toccet,
Doubt it happened during the running of the race, the track is well harrowed and free of rocks. It's more likely it happened on the way to or from the Belmont training track by stepping on a rock or rock like frozen ground. SG put in some nice moves over the training track and it may have come to a head under the pressure of race day. With a deep bruise the worry is that it could develop into an abscess and then you're looking at 2-3 weeks or more?

Didn't know we had another author on PQ, very glad to hear it Sue...what's the name of your book? TJ

pfrsue
Grade III Winner

Postby pfrsue » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:29 pm

TJ wrote:Didn't know we had another author on PQ, very glad to hear it Sue...what's the name of your book? TJ

It's not about horse racing, so I sent you a message, TJ. :)

And thank you, Toccet! Your comment TOTALLY made my day! :D Looks like Modiste worked yesterday, so she must be feeling better?

Sue

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:44 am

I guess! Gary said she was just lethargic and not hungry . . . non-specific . . .and she apparently snapped out of it.
No Sue, it is deserved. Your book is tight, as the kids say. Just sorry it took me so long to get to reading it, and then took me so long to tell you! But I read it in a couple days...didn't want to put down.

----Arrested Development

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:17 pm

I want to read Sue's book too! If Toccet liked it I'm sure I will.