Frosted

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Frosted

Postby TJ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Kiaran McLaughlin, is one of the nicest guys and best trainers on the NY circuit. He's overcome quite a bit in his career and worked very hard to be where he is today. He continues to battle multiple sclerosis since 1998 and has his good and bad days....yet he never complains and gets out there and does what he has to daily. His brother Neal has been right there with him since his brother's time as trainer in Dubai (1993-2003). Here's a short video of Kiaran and Frosted and boy they both look very well. This is the Greentree annex in Saratoga Springs, where the work takes place. Frosted worked 5/8ths in 59 and galloped out 3/4's in 1:12. The good thing about training for Godolphin is they can buy whatever they want:>) They've owned the old Greentree annex for many years now and it affords Kiaran the ability to do things his way. Frosted worked clockwise, which is in terms of American racing....the wrong way. Yet it certainly helps in maintaining a healthy and balanced race horse. Watch the video below, we get to see Frosted finishing up his breeze as well as some words from Kiaran. It would be great to see him get lucky in the BC Classic...though Frosted is just one of many nice horses that have the ability to get the job done in this years Classic. Enjoy the video, TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcI6mBkxGg

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Re: Frosted

Postby ct2346 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:21 am

Nice post and thanks for the link.

I would love to see them do it...they are very nice people. But...he's running against my favorite mare of all time....

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:55 am

Interesting that they train them going the other way. Kiaran just seems like such a nice man, and Frosted is a lovely looking colt - hope to see them do well at Breeders Cup!
Ditto on Beholder. :-)

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:27 pm

The point of training right-handed out of consideration for the health and safety of the horses is common sensical and well-taken. I'd like to see it accommodated as common practice at specified times at all tracks.

It's also very encouraging to see three such competitive colts from the crop still in fine fettle and ready to fight. It's a credit to their breeders and trainers and reinforces the sport.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:11 am

He turned in a very nice 5f work last week... 59 and change, I believe. He was my bet in the Derby and a definite favorite of mine (who doesn't love a grey TB?)... too many horses I like in the Classic! :D

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:36 am

skeenan wrote:He turned in a very nice 5f work last week... 59 and change, I believe. He was my bet in the Derby and a definite favorite of mine (who doesn't love a grey TB?)... too many horses I like in the Classic! :D

Hi Skeenan,
Yes he did, check the first post....he worked in 59 and galloped out 3/4's in 1:12 over the polytrack at Greentree Training Center. You can see the tail end of his breeze in the video posted there. TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:47 pm

TJ wrote:Kiaran McLaughlin, is one of the nicest guys and best trainers on the NY circuit. He's overcome quite a bit in his career and worked very hard to be where he is today. He continues to battle multiple sclerosis since 1998 and has his good and bad days....yet he never complains and gets out there and does what he has to daily. His brother Neal has been right there with him since his brother's time as trainer in Dubai (1993-2003). Here's a short video of Kiaran and Frosted and boy they both look very well. This is the Greentree annex in Saratoga Springs, where the work takes place. Frosted worked 5/8ths in 59 and galloped out 3/4's in 1:12. The good thing about training for Godolphin is they can buy whatever they want:>) They've owned the old Greentree annex for many years now and it affords Kiaran the ability to do things his way. Frosted worked clockwise, which is in terms of American racing....the wrong way. Yet it certainly helps in maintaining a healthy and balanced race horse. Watch the video below, we get to see Frosted finishing up his breeze as well as some words from Kiaran. It would be great to see him get lucky in the BC Classic...though Frosted is just one of many nice horses that have the ability to get the job done in this years Classic. Enjoy the video, TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OcI6mBkxGg

I've always been a big supporter of Kiaran's....anyone that's noticed, every chance I get, I have nothing but praise for him. Met him a long time ago when he was hustling Chris Antley's book. I just had to share this story about him, makes you want to see him win the Dubai World Cup and the Derby this year. He is one tough dude and a great father, husband, trainer and overall good man. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -his-derby

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 am

Amazing man; amazing resume. I found Todd Pletcher's comments about him particularly telling. Thanks for posting the link.
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:44 pm

Patuxet wrote:Amazing man; amazing resume. I found Todd Pletcher's comments about him particularly telling. Thanks for posting the link.

Hi Patuxet,
You're welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it. TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:00 pm

I am a huge fan of his. He seems like about a good a guy as anyone, and I love how he trains them.