Edgar @ GP

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Aug27
Allowance Winner

Edgar @ GP

Postby Aug27 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:17 am

Just handicapping the Gulfstream races, and was shocked to see Edgar Prado is only 1-for-86 at the current meet!
What's happened to him? Was he involved in a nasty spill whereby he lost his nerve and simply rides too cautiously, or what?
He is a Hall Of Famer, after all, and I'd expect him to be at least a 10% winner (given sufficient mounts) ...

:cry:

TJ
Darley line

Re: Edgar @ GP

Postby TJ » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Aug27 wrote:Just handicapping the Gulfstream races, and was shocked to see Edgar Prado is only 1-for-86 at the current meet!
What's happened to him? Was he involved in a nasty spill whereby he lost his nerve and simply rides too cautiously, or what?
He is a Hall Of Famer, after all, and I'd expect him to be at least a 10% winner (given sufficient mounts) ...

:cry:

Hi Aug,
He got busted up pretty good in a spill at GP...broke 6 ribs and facial lacerations. The last few years he's been riding about half the number of mounts he normally did and moved to riding full time in South Florida. I wouldn't give up on him yet, he's well liked by owners and trainers and they will help him get back to the winners circle. TJ

mightyhijames
Starters Handicap

Postby mightyhijames » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:38 pm

i heard that edgar is moving back to Maryland to ride first call for graham motion.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:46 pm

mightyhijames wrote:i heard that edgar is moving back to Maryland to ride first call for graham motion.

Hi James,
Boy, I sure hope that happens...it would be perfect for him. The only win Edgar had at the GP Championship meet was a stakes for Graham Motion. TJ

Aug27
Allowance Winner

Postby Aug27 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:17 am

That will be good for both sides. He's had a lot of success for Graham, particularly on the Turf.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue May 10, 2016 4:06 am

mightyhijames wrote:i heard that edgar is moving back to Maryland to ride first call for graham motion.

Hi James,
It was good to see Edgar win the $500,000 Woodford Reserve on Derby Day at CD. What's even better is what you heard about Edgar going back to Maryland is absolutely correct. He will return to the MD. circuit, which he once dominated, at the upcoming Pimlico meet. He's listed to ride in the 6th and 8th races this Friday, the 13TH. Here's the story. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -full-time

mightyhijames
Starters Handicap

Postby mightyhijames » Tue May 10, 2016 3:47 pm

TJ wrote:

Hi James,
It was good to see Edgar win the $500,000 Woodford Reserve on Derby Day at CD. What's even better is what you heard about Edgar going back to Maryland is absolutely correct. He will return to the MD. circuit, which he once dominated, at the upcoming Pimlico meet. He's listed to ride in the 6th and 8th races this Friday, the 13TH. Here's the story. TJ

I had a good source so i'm not surprised but I am thrilled he's coming back. we have a couple of young horses track-bound shortly and I would like nothing better than for him to take the mount.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Wed May 11, 2016 5:57 am

mightyhijames wrote:
TJ wrote:

Hi James,

I had a good source so i'm not surprised but I am thrilled he's coming back. we have a couple of young horses track-bound shortly and I would like nothing better than for him to take the mount.

Hi James.
Glad to hear you have some babies ready to roll:>) Good luck and I hope Edgar rides them for you. TJ

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun May 15, 2016 5:47 pm

Edgar is one of those guys who can pop up and give smart rides on really good horses. His work with Runhappy was excellent. He'll do well again in MD because the top trainers there still will go to him with better horses (maybe not the best).

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Aug27
Allowance Winner

Postby Aug27 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:17 am

Looking at today's Gulfstream races, and noted he is 3 for 69, for a 4% win percentage ...
Maybe he should have stayed in Maryland!?