What With NBC:s Road To The Derby?

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

What With NBC:s Road To The Derby?

Postby Patuxet » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:47 am

It was published that "The Road to the Kentucky Derby will be back on NBC in 2016, announced by the Jockey Club and NBC Sports Group. Six racetracks will provide live coverage for six Kentucky Derby prep races for the 2016 Kentucky Derby." The published schedule was :

Saturday, April 2, 2016, 6 – 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Network) : Florida Derby (Gulfstream Park)

Saturday, April 9, 2016, 5:30 p.m – 7:30 p.m. (NBC Sports Network): Wood Memorial (Aqueduct Racetrack) and Santa Anita Derby (Santa Anita Park)

Saturday, April 9, 2016, 4:30 – 6 p.m. (NBC): Blue Grass Stakes (Keeneland)

Saturday, April 16, 2016, 6 – 7 p.m. (NBC Sports Network): Arkansas Derby (Oaklawn Park)

Last Saturday, in my market (Comcast, south Florida) instead of the Florida Derby NBCSN broadcast an automobile show from the Middle East. Was it a regional black out or has NBC abandoned the project?
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

murphysmom
2yo Maiden

Re: What With NBC:s Road To The Derby?

Postby murphysmom » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:17 pm

I live in Michigan & was able to watch The Florida Derby on HRTV. Hope I am able to watch the rest as advertised......

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Found this in the Paulick Report:

"NBCSN presents live horse racing Saturday, April 9, at 5 p.m. EDT, with coverage of the Wood Memorial, Blue Grass Stakes, and Santa Anita Derby. The winner of each race receives 100 points, enough to guarantee a spot in the gate for the Kentucky Derby, May 7 on NBC. Saturday will mark NBC Sports Group's first horse racing telecast of the year ..."
"He is pure air and fire and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him; he is indeed a horse ..." Wm. Shakespeare - Henry V

ct2346
Starters Handicap

Postby ct2346 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:35 am

There is nothing better than RTN - Racetrack Television Network..started by Tommy Roberts ages ago. I have it in my house and I get the feed from every track around the country every day. Never have to miss a single race anywhere. The local inhouse authorities made me bring in Hallmark movies as a form of payment in kind, but even so, the monthly fee is pretty reasonable.

Patuxet
Grade III Winner

Postby Patuxet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:36 am

In a pinch I can always resort to watching races on xpressbet.com.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:55 am

I can pull up the internet on my tv through my blue ray player and worst case can watch twinspirestv.com logged into the racetrack I want to watch. It's a bit cumbersome using the tv remote to put in the urls but it does work.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:28 pm

I had to watch the Florida Derby on TVG... I was a little surprised it wasn't on NBC. Their coverage of the Kentucky Derby is sometimes quite annoying... and of course, that's the race that TVG can't televise live. :roll: