Today's stakes races

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Today's stakes races

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:31 am

I am visiting my mother for Canadian Thanksgiving and I have some time to spare. My picks for the day:

Kelso: Tommy Macho
Flower Bowl: Lady Eli/Sentiero Italia
Belmont Turf Sprint: Ready for Rye/Long on Value
Champagne: Practical Joke
Hill Prince: Beach Patrol/Conquest Daddyo
JCGC: Effinex/Protonico
Last edited by Cree on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Today's stakes races

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:34 am

Keeneland's races:

Woodford: Mosler/Hogy
TB Club of America: Spelling Again
First Lady: Tepin/Onus
Breeders Futurity: Bitumen/No Dozing
Shadwell Turf Mile: Mondialiste/Ironicus/Grand Arch
Last edited by Cree on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:36 am

Santa Anita

SA Sprint Championship: Lord Nelson/Jazzy Times
City of Hope: Obviously

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Here's the winners...
Kelso (in a quick 1:32.90):
Anchor Down
Tamarkuz
Ocean Knight
Flower Bowl (also quick 1:59.85):
Lady Eli
Sentiero Italia
Sea Calisi

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:06 am

Hi Cree,
Happy Thanksgiving! Today I too will celebrate your Thanksgiving. Living in Florida, I am very grateful for Matthew's little wiggle right (off the impact to the Grand Bahama's) which kept the eye off the coast of Florida and spared so much devastation to Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County's. Though it did regain its leftward motion above me, into Jacksonville (Duval County) and Daytona Beach (Volusia County) which were hit pretty hard as Matthew continues now into N. Carolina...but is now a much weaker storm, Thank God. At least 18 lives lost in the US...a far cry from the 842 and counting that died in Haiti and other Caribbean Islands, as well as the Grand Bahama's? There's no telling what would have happened, had the storm come closer inland as first predicted in Florida...with the highly populated areas there is no telling how many more deaths there could have been. So we here in Florida were very lucky and I for one will adopt your Thanksgiving as my own today....never to forget how lucky we were and in somber remembrance of the loss of life suffered at the hands of hurricane Matthew.
That being said, I will remove my head from my b...., never mind, just allow me to post a couple lesser races going on at Keeneland today:>) TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 am

Hi TJ,
Really glad to hear Matthew has veered and that things are somewhat settling down. There is a lot to be thankful for, no doubt.
How incredibly scary, I am so sorry to hear how many lives were lost.

Yesterday was an incredible day of racing - Tepin losing, and Tepin's half-brother Vyjack looked very good in California, Miss Temple City showing the boys who's boss (nice run by Ironicus, I really like him), Hoppertunity taking advantage of a weaker JCGC, the 2-year-old races, and my absolute favourite win on the day was Lady Eli. I am really looking forward to the Breeders Cup this year. I hope we can share our handicapping picks for those days.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi Cree,
Yes, I agree...seeing Lady Eli come back like that was the best! It was good to see Motion win that race with Miss Temple City and I was glad to see Edgar Prado in the saddle, two great guys! How about Pletcher upsetting two champion grass fillies (Flintshire and Tepin) leading wire to wire. If he does it today to odd's on I'm A Chatterbox... I'm calling for an investigation:>) Looks like we will have a great BC to look forward to very soon....will post:>) TJ