Arrogate Breezes

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Arrogate Breezes

Postby TJ » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:49 am

Arrogate had his first breeze since his Pegasus win going an easy 1/2 in 48 3/5 Tuesday morning at Santa Anita. Although team Baffert announced Arrogate would not run in the Dubai World Cup, it seems they are having a change of heart. It's no secret Arrogate has had his share of issues getting to the races...and the main reason for tempering their enthusiasm when it comes to advanced race planning. Yet he breezed back just 17 days after his Pegasus victory, leading one to believe he isn't looking to unwind and take an extended break. If all goes well in his training, his options are the Santa Anita Handicap on March 11th or the Dubai World Cup March 28th. Read the rest of the story below. TJ
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... he-worktab

TJ
Darley line

Re: Arrogate Breezes

Postby TJ » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Arrogate's breeze this morning at SA, getting a galloping out mile in 1:38.40 pleased Baffert so much he announced Arrogate will go to Dubai. TJ

Jeff
Starters Handicap

Postby Jeff » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:35 pm

They should quit while they're abead. Trying to break Chrome's earnings record is going to get a great horse hurt. $11 milliion and change, you'd think they'd be happy with that.

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:04 am

Arrogate posted a solid 7/8ths breeze at SA Sunday morning. He worked in company from the 3/4 pole with Cat Burglar, who breezed 6f in 1:12.80. Cat Thief broke off 5 lengths in front of Arrogate who passed him at the wire by a length going in 1:12 and contined on his own into the turn getting the 7/8ths in 1:24 flat, he pulled up a mile in 1:38. With that move in the books, Baffert plans on shipping Arrogate to Dubai March 13th....at least it isn't a Friday:>). TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Arrogate had a dual purpose work today with the same workmate, Cat Burglar. Cat Burglar off about 2 in front of Arrogate as the pair completed their 7f work on even terms...1:25 for Arrogate, 1:25.40 for Cat Burglar who, by the way, seems to be coming to hand off a long layoff. Might be work keeping an eye on Cat Burglar so Baffert doesn't steal one:>) Back to the dual purpose work...just a simple maintenance breeze for Arrogate galloping out a mile and an eight in about 1:52. The other purpose being they had to take him down a notch or two for the plane trip to Dubai tomorrow:>) TJ

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:53 pm

I hope he does well! :D I'm excited to watch him race!

On a side note, I saw this photo posted this morning, of a stable over in Dubai. What an equine palace! I gather that the horses are never led across that shiny marble floor... :lol:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 3.45.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 3.45.04 PM.png (289.76 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

Toccet02
Leading Sire

Postby Toccet02 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:17 am

skeenan wrote:I hope he does well! :D I'm excited to watch him race!

On a side note, I saw this photo posted this morning, of a stable over in Dubai. What an equine palace! I gather that the horses are never led across that shiny marble floor... :lol:

I actually find this picture really unsettling. I feel like I'm going to walk up to a horse and make a deposit. :lol:
All shouting does is make you lose your voice.
----Arrested Development

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Toccet02 wrote:
skeenan wrote:I hope he does well! :D I'm excited to watch him race!

I actually find this picture really unsettling. I feel like I'm going to walk up to a horse and make a deposit. :lol:

Hi Toccet,
Not so far from the truth...I've made many deposits to similar looking teller's :lol: TJ

skeenan
Grade I Winner

Postby skeenan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:07 am

Hahahaha! :lol:

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:48 am

Arrogate and Hoppertunity both had an easy 1/2 mile maintenance breeze over Meydan's main track Monday for the Dubai World Cup. They don't actually time workouts on that side of the pond, so Baffert did not have an official clocking, but guesstimated they went in 50. Both walked today and tomorrow will not take the long walk to the main track (almost 40 minutes one way), but instead will take the much shorter walk to the small training track at the nearby international quarantine facility where they are housed. This morning Baffert took this short video of Arrogate. TJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZJeRnU ... e=youtu.be