Classic Empire Breezes

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Classic Empire Breezes

Postby TJ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Hopefully Classic Empire is turning over a new leaf. Seems the move to Winding Oaks Farm training track could have done the trick? He worked for the 2nd time today (without incident) at a 6 day interval, going 5/8ths in 59.60 and galloped out strong. Casse was on hand as well as Julien Leparoux who was on board. Though he will pass on the Bluegrass (which is a smart move, that race will be pretty salty:>) which was the plan, Casse said the Arkansas Derby will be his target, citing the extra week would benefit him. TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Re: Classic Empire Breezes

Postby Cree » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:49 pm

I have mixed feelings about this colt - he looked much the best last year, but I have his crop-mates caught up with him? He's mentally bonkers, so you never know what you're going to get. His physical issues signal he may not be totally right (although his work says otherwise - but was it too much?). And Casse seems determined to get this horse into the starting gate, and I question if they're trying too hard.

TJ
Darley line

Re: Classic Empire Breezes

Postby TJ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:09 am

Here's a video of Classic Empire's breeze yesterday at Winding Oaks Farm. He appears to be doing very well and looking forward to see him run in the Arkansas Derby April 15th. TJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijFFK5DqGo