PLEASE POST ALL DATABASE ENTRY ISSUES IN THIS THREAD

General discussions about the technical aspects of the site -- generating reports, reading reports, uploading information, forum techniques, etc.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Lucy

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Re: PLEASE POST ALL DATABASE ENTRY ISSUES IN THIS THREAD

Postby Heidilady » Thu May 04, 2017 10:27 pm

The record for Thunder Snow's locked and he needs a picture added.

Pan Zareta wrote:
Heidilady wrote:"Sorry, the horse name "IMPAZIENTE " doesn't match the database key, "IMPAZIENTE".

As you may have realized, since Impaziente is now in the db, the problem was the empty space at the end of the name.

Just now seeing this because I haven't gone back, but I didn't put an empty space in the end of the name when I typed it. The db had some sort of error and thought I did so that must've been why it had a problem. I tried multiple times and for sure never put an empty space in there. Whatever, I guess it's fixed.
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Tue May 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Z Princess (Zenyatta's filly) has Lane's End Farm as the owner but she was owned and bred by Jerry and Anne Moss. She was simply foaled at Lane's End because that's where Zenyatta was kept. The record is locked but it needs to be changed.

Pan Zareta
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby Pan Zareta » Sat May 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Heidilady wrote:Z Princess (Zenyatta's filly)Z Princess (Zenyatta's filly) has Lane's End Farm as the owner but she was owned and bred by Jerry and Anne Moss. She was simply foaled at Lane's End because that's where Zenyatta was kept. The record is locked but it needs to be changed.

...also the photo link was defunct, the link in the website field was pointless (since it only shows up in the pedigree displays of descendants), and the entry really shouldn't have been there anyway because the usual procedure for modern foals that for whatever reason are never fully registered and officially named is to mention them in the 'remarks' field of their dam's entry. That's where Z Princess is now, with a visible and fully functional link to her memorial page.

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:22 pm

I'm trying to enter a horse (Artaius(IND), br.c. 1981 Common Land x Madonna) today, but while I've got him in and he shows up in the list of horses with the same name, when I try to look at the pedigree info I've entered, I'm told the horse isn't found. Kind of annoying, but I'm hoping it's just a glitch.

~M
Friends don't let friends vote for Democrats.

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Really hope this gets cleared up. I've wasted a good bit of time trying to enter this horse and so far... nothing. It does seem like this happens whenever I try do much at all here. I'm just trying to put in Indian stakes histories and it's pretty frustrating to just get stopped like this for no apparent reason.

~M

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Not sure if it's because of my work computer, but the website isn't working today. Stakes histories not showing. Data entry impossible--I search for 'country' or 'winner' and it's just blank, nothing coming up. Will try again when I get home, but this is so discouraging. :(

~Miesque

Miesque1973
2yo Maiden

Postby Miesque1973 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:40 pm

I am unable to select options in the stakes database. I can only see 'runners', but cannot select anything else--the dropdown box just vanishes when I click on it.

~Miesque

BookieBuster
Maiden Special Weight

Postby BookieBuster » Sun May 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Has anyone else be unable to log in to see reports that are reserved for logged-in users (like hypo-matings, female family, 6-gen pedigrees, etc.)

yukidragon1
Newborn

Postby yukidragon1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:46 pm

https://www.pedigreequery.com/plucky+liege goes from female family 16a too 8
with https://www.pedigreequery.com/miss+agnes.
may be its correct or not. never noticed it before.

vaponydoc
2yo Maiden

Postby vaponydoc » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:24 am

Engage (2015) is locked.
He entered stud in 2022 and stands at Northview Stallion Station, Maryland
2023 fee $5000

aethervox
Allowance Winner

Postby aethervox » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:21 pm

There are 2 entries for Strike the Deal (2005). They should be merged, if possible.

Heidilady
Eclipse Champion

Postby Heidilady » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:28 am

Therapist won the G1 United Nations and when I went to look up his pedigree, I saw that someone created a new entry for a Therapist6 because his entry "Therapist3" is locked. These entries need to be consolidated.

I agree with another thread that way too many horses are locked. It's not like someone was messing with their entries inappropriately. Still, folks need to come here and say 'unlock/fix this horse' rather than create new entries that then have to be deleted.Two wrongs don't make a right.