Another nice 2 year old for Shug

General racing discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Another nice 2 year old for Shug

Postby DDT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Browse won her 6 and a 1/2 furlong debut at Aqu on Sunday easily and more often than not a first time winning 2 year old trained by Shug wins from talent, breeding or both rather than a rigid training schedule. She is a half to GR1 winner Imagining and SP Reflecting. The female line has produced Super Saver, Bluegrass Cat and many, many other top horses. I believe this filly will be part of the 3 year old picture and might be one to watch in the upcoming months.

DDT

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Re: Another nice 2 year old for Shug

Postby DDT » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 am

Well I have waited a long time for this filly to run on the turf and she is entered today in the 8th race at Belmont. There are several runners in here that could prove to be too much for her, but, she gets Joel and has a speed advantage that does really good when going from dirt to turf. She is listed in the morning line at 8-1 but I doubt you will get that. At any rate she might be a nice overlay.

DDT

DDT
Breeder's Cup Winner

Postby DDT » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Well, she broke okay and Joel held her back and she was last after a quarter, she looked like she was climbing a little, or may just not have liked the feel of it, she moved inside on the turn and was moving alright but had to change lanes several times and never really got a chance to run, I will not give up on her just yet. I do want to see what the chart says about her trip.

DDT

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Pedigree to die for on this filly. Since she just broke maiden in Dec, but is stakes placed, she may benefit from a little time on the shelf and wake up as an older filly/mare. Still lots of potential, but a lot of the better ones did it on the dirt.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.