BC Races for Saturday Nov. 4th

Post and discuss your picks and selections here.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster, K~2

TJ
Darley line

Re: BC Races for Saturday Nov. 4th

Postby TJ » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:06 pm

10th race results:
Good Magic
Solomini
Bolt D'Oro
Givemeamint

Another odds on favorite goes down once again. Chad Brown wins with the maiden Good Magic.
Cree...great 4 horse trifecta box! Hope you had a barrel full:>) TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:48 pm

11th Race Results:
Talismatic
Beach Patrol
Highland Reel
Sadler's Joy

WOW....Cree with a Triple and Superfecta box win!! Aug's LS play wins again...the favorite play was scratched...so very well done to both of you! TJ

TJ
Darley line

Postby TJ » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:53 pm

12th Results:
Gun Runner...amazing effort, under pressure all the way, certainly proved he is the Horse of The Year!
Collected
West Coast
War Story

Cree was the only one who picked the Classic winner...her favorite horse on top...nice job today. TJ

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:48 pm

What an exciting day!!! I had to pop into work and missed half of the day. BUT... I am super delighted to see the little red horse win the Classic! And with Collected breathing down his neck...so much heart! Gun Runner has certainly earned Horse of the Year. Collected continues to surprise me. What happened between Dubai and now with Arrogate? He just seemed ordinary in his last 3 races.

I am extremely proud of Ami's Mesa, who ran a bang up 2nd in the F & M Sprint. Bar of Gold is one of those horses that I paid zero interest to, and then *BAM* she puts me to shame. Unique Bella isn't a sprinter, imo. Hopefully she comes out of this ok, and they stretch her out.

I shouldn't have bothered with the Turf Sprint or F & M Turf. I did terrible there.

Lots of longshots, lots of 'locals' ran well, lots of horses peaking at the right time. I hope everyone else had a fun day.

Where is next year's Breeders' Cup?

Cree
Eclipse Champion

Postby Cree » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Lady Eli got banged up bad, check out her legs in the link below. It's a shame her race had to go the way it did, she is far better than that.

http://www.drf.com/news/bc-filly-and-ma ... ed-seventh

geowarrior
Leading Sire

Postby geowarrior » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Sorry I missed the informal contest. I had a pretty dire Breeders Cup (with the exception of World Approval) until the Classic. I bet Gun Runner to win, then boxed Gun Runner, Collected, Arrogate and West Coast for the exacta and the tri.

They saved me from a pretty bad day. Thanks, Gun Runner!

I actually thought he was a no brainer. I was surprised at the doubts that were expressed about the distance - he may not have won at a mile and a quarter, but he'd run some very good races at that distance.