Shanghai Bobby

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Shanghai Bobby

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:21 am

Where is he? He is not listed as a stallion at Ashford Stud (Coolmore America) any longer. I can't seem to find out any info about what has happened to him.

I suspect that he is in Brazil, where he has been shuttled to during the Southern Hemisphere breeding season, and where he has been very successful. Maybe he is to stay down there for good. Anyone here know?
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Shanghai Bobby

Postby Shawklit Won » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 am

Shawklit Won wrote:Where is he? He is not listed as a stallion at Ashford Stud (Coolmore America) any longer. I can't seem to find out any info about what has happened to him.

I suspect that he is in Brazil, where he has been shuttled to during the Southern Hemisphere breeding season, and where he has been very successful. Maybe he is to stay down there for good. Anyone here know?

Just read someplace that Shanghai Bobby has been leased to a farm in Japan for a year, so it looks like that will be where Shanghai Bobby will be in 2019, if the info is correct.
Shawklit Won.

Shawklit Won
Starters Handicap

Re: Shanghai Bobby

Postby Shawklit Won » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:00 pm

I guess it's official. Shanghai Bobby has been sold to Japanese interests and will be standing at Arrow stud in Japan.

Seemed like he was doing OK at Ashford Stud in Kentucky, but Ashford now has 4 Storm Cat line stallions there, Justify, Mendelsohn (spelling?), Practical Joke, and Tale of the Cat. Tale of the Cat doesn't figure to last much longer, but the other 3 Storm Cat line stallions there are young stallions and could be there for years.
Shawklit Won.