Stormy Memo

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

madelyn

Stormy Memo

Postby madelyn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:35 pm

This is the Stormy Atlantic filly I bought at the Fasig Tipton October Yearling sale in 2017 - she's three now. She had four starts last year and I gave her the winter off because she is California bred and there is NO Money here in the winter for non KY horses. We're in a "first off the layoff" MSW Tuesday at Indiana Race #3 post 1 of 7. She is training really well and is fit enough for the 5-1/2 furlongs. Fingers crossed.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Stormy Memo

Postby Joltman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:15 pm

have a good safe run...

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:40 am

yikes she did not fire on that new track. Guess we'll have to wait for turf.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri May 10, 2019 6:29 am

Looks like she's on track now Madelyn. Another Mdn sp wt winner for ya! Congratulations!

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri May 10, 2019 3:32 pm

who would have thought?? The mile and 1/16 was so much better and there is Just No Quit in that filly! Now as you say two MSW wins for me so far this year. How far I've come from scraping it with MCL $5K. Now if we can find just a mile actually on the grass....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun May 12, 2019 10:48 am

I'm looking at field sizes in the Mid-Atlantic and they are shredded by the weather. Del had to cancel their card one day last week for lack of entries. But it does make it easier to get a piece of a decent purse if the spot is well chosen. A lot of the turf races are off the grass, but if you can go either way, there are good opportunities on those that go off the turf. If they run and the turf is soft, a lot will still scratch.

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun May 12, 2019 12:26 pm

joltman, it's positively head scratching. We are rolling around today in heavy pants and sweaters in 50 degree weather in MAY!!! Belterra's secretary ambitiously put all these turf races in the book but they have yet to have a Single One actually run on the grass. In the case of Stormy Memo, we were running regardless. She is a tough gritty little filly who would run no matter what.

Churchill has actually had lots Go on the grass.. they just don't write anything she would fit in.