Gone West is really GONE

Discussion and analysis of thoroughbred stallions.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, madelyn

madelyn

Gone West is really GONE

Postby madelyn » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:33 pm

With the recent loss of Istan and Proud Citizen I think the Gone West line is really GONE! El Corredor went elsewhere a long time ago.. and the Mr. Greeley sons have left. I have mine at home, Thabit, just love him lots and he throws great foals. Anyhow it was a favored line because the foals had lovely lines, great minds, were athletic and intelligent, etc. But I guess it served its time and just faded out.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Re: Gone West is really GONE

Postby kimberley mine » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:22 am

Speightstown's feelings are kind of hurt....

Over in Europe, Zafonic has Iffraaj, who has (so far) left stallion sons Wooten Basset (GB), Jon Snow (NZ), Turn Me Loose (NZ), and the very smart Ribchester (IRE). Wooten Basset is the only one of those old enough to have foals running and already he has Almanzor.

Elusive Quality is live and kicking in two hemispheres with standout Quality Road and useful Ellusive Quest (in NZ). Raven's Pass in Ireland has had a few good ones, and Sepoy (AUS), while very much a disappointment given the hype of a Golden Slipper winner has found a niche.

Western Winter was a top sire in South Africa for many years. His son What a Winter ran away with the sprint Gr-1's in that country in 2013, and is now at stud. Another son, Capetown Noir, ran away with all the miler Gr-1's in 2014.

kimberley mine
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby kimberley mine » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:09 am

As for Speightstown, he has left an interesting mix of stallion sons. They all seem to throw more to their dam side. The standout is Munnings. Poseidon's Warrior got millionaire Firenze Fire in his first crop and earned a ticket to Kentucky. Lord Shanakill and Jersey Town didn't do much, but they each left behind solid runners in Bee Jersey and My Dream Boat. Tamarkuz is quite well-bred, did a good job on the track, and is just starting out.

Back to Iffraaj, he has a couple of new sons whose foals will hit the track soon -- Jungle Cat and Hot Streak. Hot Streak in particular is interesting...his 3rd dam is Height of Fashion (dam of Nashwan and Unfuwain).

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:59 am

Thanks km I appreciate the info. I was looking for GW too close up I guess.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:07 am

Iffraaj is doing very well in Europe. I was very impressed by the performances of his son Ribchester, multiple GR1 miler. I am looking forward to see how his offspring will perform in future.

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/893929/
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

rudydee
Maiden Special Weight

Postby rudydee » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:29 am

Bahamian Squall looks promising.