Miss Pinkerton

Workouts, entries & results for horses owned by or otherwise related to our forum members.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, Diane, K~2

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: Miss Pinkerton

Postby Joltman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:33 am

madelyn wrote:Well Miss P is showing her stuff lately - as luck would have it we've been "in" grass - to - mud" competitions and scratched but finally Friday I said what the heck!! I ran at Belterra Thursday and it was slop so I knew the grass was no-go Friday but I hoped that the track would be hard like a road and it was. We can't get anyone to write NW2L 5f on the grass anywhere so I took a shot in an Aother 2019 and Miss P ran a helluva race to get 2nd from a mare that has won 6 times! The third place behind us had won 4 allowance races! The racing secretary and pals were lounging in the office when I picked up my papers and they really chuffed me up! They promised me a NW2L 5F.

Nice run for 2nd last week Madelyn. Hopefully she'll get a crack at the NW1OT Turf sprint you're looking for. I gotta believe they'll be writing all kinds of 5, 5 1/2f turf races at Colonial during their 6 week meet in August - it's their most common offering from past practice. When the longer races don't fill, the sprints show up on the overnights. They do have an Alw fm nw1OT on Aug 22 for $60k. (https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHor ... -20190907D ) I've been disappointed they didn't write even longer races as the course is so sweeping - but if they don't fill it's no use writing them. But there may be some opportunities and the purses might make it a worthwhile ship under 9 hrs by car. The good news too is that the mid-Atlantic is overcrowded with turf racing in the summer - Saratoga for the big boys, FL, Mth, Parx, Pen, Del, and Cnl (with CT running on the dirt, PID synth). Fields getting spread thin.

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Congrats on the 2nd! Seems she consistently tries hard.
So many pedigrees...so little time. (C)

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Terrific performance today for Miss P - congratulations. Should just add to the confidence level. Where next Madelyn?

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:37 am

It was amazing!!! I love Abel Lezcano! He listened carefully in the paddock and rode EXACTLY as asked - never touched her once with the whip! She won for fun for a tag and kept the A-other condition. There is also a starter 5 going 5 on the grass July 14th. We might try for a bit more money, maybe at Indiana. She went 57.13! One thing that puzzles me a bit - a similar race at Churchlil yesterday was run and the winner ran 5 of the 5-1/2 f in 57.28 but got an 89 equibase speed rating while Miss P ran the 5 in 57.13 and got a paltry 71. I thought the numbers were not biased like that. Are there any handicappers out there that can explain the speed figure calculations?
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Great to have options - and you can look at some of those allowance sprints that start out with 6 entries and two scratch, guaranteeing a trip and a check to pay for gas at least!

I think the speed ratings are hokey in some ways - especially in cases like this when the class rate (as a claimer) is lower, but they run fast. The one to check would be the Ragozin which may be a little more true to the performance. Then again, if she ran allowance again in 57.1 she would beat them - at a higher price for those who would be 'surprised' because the speed fig of the prior race was low.

hope the rest of the barn follows suit.

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Yes, there is that but my owner kind of takes the low number personally. There is also a NW3 $25K 5f on the grass at Indiana on 7/2 that would keep the Aother condition.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:27 pm

So Belgian Candy rocks home a winner - at a price! I saw the replay of her unimpressive last - and wondered - there must have been something that went south. But to come back a winner - awesome, congratulations~ I should have asked you before hand and put down a small wager...

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Yup paid $68 to the faithful. Everyone was shocked except me...

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 pm

...and MISS PINKERTON did it AGAIN TODAY rocked home a winner, this time 5 furlongs on the grass in 56.42!!!!!

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Terrific run in a really quick time~ I wouldn't think she would be seeing the claiming races in the near future...

congratulations once AGAIN to the connections

jm

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:41 pm

madelyn wrote:...and MISS PINKERTON did it AGAIN TODAY rocked home a winner, this time 5 furlongs on the grass in 56.42!!!!!

Wow! That's quick! Many congrats, Madelyn.

Laurie

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:43 pm

And another winner for Miss P on August 10! Slow start, checked on turn, still rolled up the rail. Love that in these turf races.

Must be tough looking through all those condition books trying to find her next start!

jm

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Three In A Row Miss Pinkerton!! She had run up through her conditions, we were on the fence about what to do, We went Starter 5K to the fury of several jock agents pounding on the counter in the racing office disputing her eligibility - the asst racing secretary was compelled to look it up and YES on 4/20/18 ran once for 5K tag so he had to Put it on the Board for them. It was a pivotal race for us to see what she would do - if she would feel outclassed with F&M with 100K+ earnings, one with 16 wins etc. but we had to figure out if we could really go Allowance Except etc. She has become a fan favorite at Belterra and it's really fun to hear so many folks cheering for her down the lane. Maybe now go Aother at Ellis or Maybe KY DOWNS!
Last edited by madelyn on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZiaLand
Breeder's Cup Contender

Postby ZiaLand » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Many congrats, Madelyn! Woohoo!

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:18 am

Thanks! That kind of close in a 5 furlong sprint takes a pretty special horse! After that last win in 56.42 I thought she might have a shot to break the track record (she was only .64 off) but the turf Saturday was dead slow. Still, it doesn't matter what the time is if you still get the picture :D :D