What will happen to American Pharoah

General on-topic discussion.

Moderators: Roguelet, hpkingjr, WaveMaster

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

What will happen to American Pharoah

Postby mehile » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:22 am

Will the contract with the breeding farm standing him keep him there and continuing as usual? A bank owning one of the greatest horses of this decade seems like all sorts of bad to me.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/horses/ ... f_QuKch1iQ

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Re: What will happen to American Pharoah

Postby Joltman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:27 pm

my guess is that a trustee will be set to mind the store until it's all settled, and the current arrangements will be in place. At some point there will be an auction dispersal. Big time. Depends on the rights listed in the stallion partnership agreements. I think it will soon be a Japanese American Pharaoh.

unfortunaely

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

Joltman
Grade I Winner

Postby Joltman » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:30 pm

my guess is that a trustee will be set to mind the store until it's all settled, and the current arrangements will be in place. At some point there will be an auction dispersal. Big time. Depends on the rights listed in the stallion partnership agreements. I think it will soon be a Japanese American Pharaoh.

unfortunaely

jm
Run the race - the one that's really worth winning.

mehile
Maiden Special Weight

Postby mehile » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:01 pm

That would truly be unfortunate. Surly there is an american farm that would want, and be able to purchase him to keep him in the US. I wonder if the Trustee with have any previous racing industry knowledge or if its gonna be a comedy/tragedy of errors. None horse people really don't understand how much there is to NOT know and screw up. If he were purchased through auction he wouldn't go with the same sort of "come home" agreements most stallions that are sent oversees go with. Granted I don't see him needing it but unfortunately you never know....I wonder what the going rate for a Triple Crown winner is?

madelyn

Postby madelyn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:14 am

I think it is a very sad day for racing when someone like Ahmed Zayat, who threw his heart and soul into the game and won at the very highest level, is in this predicament.
So Run for the Roses, as fast as you can.....

Mahubah
Freshman Sire

Postby Mahubah » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:30 pm

My guess is that if AP or any share in of him comes up for auction, Coolmore will probably do its darndest to acquire the horse outright unless he goes as cold as a polar bear's toes in the meantime.
"A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher...You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse." C. S. Lewis

Tappiano
Grade II Winner

Postby Tappiano » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:44 pm

He isn't going anywhere, at issue are the number of breeding rights that were sold for far less than they were valued at. It has no impact on ownership as he was sold (and the Zayat's paid in full). It just so happens some of those were sold to Coolmore.

It's hard to feel bad for anyone who squanders away tens of millions of dollars instead of doing the right thing and settling debts. This isn't the first time this has happened, either.