Today is the Day for the Epsom Derby!

Discuss racing outside the USA.

Moderators: Roguelet, WaveMaster, K~2, Jorge

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Today is the Day for the Epsom Derby!

Postby erins isle » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:30 am

One of the most wonderful races, the ultimate test for the 3yo colts at Epsom Downs.

There is a favourite: Bolshoi Ballet, but the race is rather open, after a significant chance of the going: good to soft.
If you are able to watch: have fun! If you would have a bet, search for horses which can handle the ground and distance.

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17 ... t-a-glance
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Taffy
Maiden Special Weight

Re: Today is the Day for the Epsom Derby!

Postby Taffy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:29 am

The Dam of the winner include Deep Impact(Snowfall Oaks winner) and Dubawi (Dam Sire)

erins isle
Grade III Winner

Postby erins isle » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:27 am

Actually I thought that Hurricane Lane had a better chance than the winner on paper. Both colts have a lot of stamina on the dam side.
The more I get to know people, the more I love animals.

Bettina
Allowance Winner

Postby Bettina » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:44 am

Hello,
the winner of the "English Derby 2021" (Adayar by Frankel) is one more succe4ss for the "German Thoroughbredbreeding".

he traces back to "Anna Paola" (by Prince Ippi) a very good racefilly (Won Preis der Diana (German Oaks),Preis des Winter favoriten ; Gr. 3LUdwig-Goebels-Erinnerungs-Rennen, Gr.3 and 4thplaced German Derby) and meanwhile outstanding broodmare.

She had alreaddy the Classic Winner "Billesdon Brook" (by Champs Elysee) English Oaks 2015 and many other Groupwinners like, Iguazu; Advice, national Defence, Ave, Pozarica, Annaba etc. , not to forget her descents in AUS Helmet (was send to Europe), Epaulette.

her best offspring this seasonin Germany is the 3year old filly "Amacing Grace" (by Protecionist)

regards, Bettina
P.S.: What does "Santa Claus" in June. He went to Epsom Downs and wins the Derby!
Santa Claus (by Chamossaire) English Derby winner in 1964