Owner: Col. Samuel Wyllys/James Howard/William Lindsay
Also known as RANGER. Possibly spelled wrongly - likely LINDSEY with an "E". Stood at stud at Windham, CT, in spring of 1778 by James Howard, after he purchased him downstream from Col. Wyllys, according to newspaper ad. (There was at least 1 intermediate owner.) In spring of 1779, his services were advertised (in Virginia Gazette, Mar. 19) by Lindsay, who lived 2 miles from Port Royal, VA.